There are some technical issues you will need to know about when starting/installing the game.
 Technical Issues
- Anachronox will work fine on XP.
- Turning on EAX will crash your game constantly. It's disabled in version 1.02.
- Any Radeon or GeForce card should be able to run Anachronox in high resolution (1280x960), but it will only work in full screen mode if you can set your desktop to 1280x960. If you don't have that as an option, you can run it in a window or use PowerStrip to add the mode. The game may crash less when run in a window.
- When you quit, sometimes the process doesn't actually exit. You can close it yourself from the Task Manager.
- Save before map changes so you can reload if the game crashes in map transitions. This may be less of an issue in version 1.02.
- If playing on Way Too Hard, which adjusts damage by 20%, change the Save At option to allow you to save anywhere so this bug isn't as much of a problem.
- You may have to press a direction key when you start moving, rather than moving the mouse first.
- Using the keyboard numbers to select between multiple functions of a multiple-function Elementor host will crash the game.
- It is helpful to turn up the Gamma a bit.
- All of the cheats start by turning on debug mode with + + and bringing down the console window with .
- One use of the console is to get more savegame slots. If you want to make an archival save, bring down the console and type
XXXXis a number between 1000 and 9999. To load one of these games, use
loadgame XXXX. Version 1.02 changes the savegame interface, so this may not be necessary anymore.
You can mostly use the keyboard in fights. Use the number keys to select an action, and spacebar to activate it. There are some bugs with this though: sometimes it lets you do things that you aren't supposed to be able to do (such as use Beat weapons on the Hive Queen).