- : Use the D-pad to direct your tank in
any one of four directions. Diagonals are not possible.
- or : Press either button to fire in the
direction your tank is currently facing.
- : Pauses the game.
- : Not used.
These are the tanks that the first and second players control.
Player 1 controls the yellow tank, and player 2 controls the green
tank simultaneously. Both tanks can only have one of their own
shots on the screen at one time, and may not fire again until the
shot hits an enemy or collides with a wall. Unless a force field is
surrounding the tanks, preventing them from taking damage, they can
be destroyed by one enemy bullet. If one player shoots another, it
will prevent the other player from moving, although it will still
be possible to turn and fire.
||Generally poses little threat. Moves slower than players, fires
at the same speed default power level (zero stars).
||Generally more dangerous to the headquarters than a player;
should be dispatched quickly.
||Don't go to their line of fire.
Cuts through Brick Walls quicker than other tanks (notable in Stage
||Start as green; gradually turns gray upon harm.
Don't destroy them head-on until the 2nd Star powerup is
A power-up will spawn in one of 16 random locations on the
screen whenever one of the three flashing tanks (which appear in
each stage as the 4th, 11th, and 18th tank to spawn) is hit. They
will disappear when another flashing tank spawns. Touching a
power-up will collect it (it will then disappear) and you will earn
500 points as the power-up's effect is activated.
- Destroys every enemy currently on the screen.
- No credit given for destroying the tanks wiped out by this
powerup during the end-stage bonus points tally.
- Gives a temporary force field that shields from enemy shots,
like the one at the beginning of every stage.
- Turns the brick walls around the fortress to stone, which gives
temporary invulnerability to the walls, preventing enemies from
- Repairs all the damage previously done to the wall.
- Increases your offensive power by one tier (tiers are: default,
second, third, and fourth). Power level only resets to default when
- First star (second tier): fired bullets are as fast as Power
- Second star (third tier): two bullets can be fired on the
screen at a time.
- Third star (fourth tier): fired bullets can destroy steel walls
and are twice as effective against brick walls.
- Gives an extra life.
- The only other way to earn an extra life is to score 20,000
- The timer power-up temporarily freezes time, stopping all enemy
- Tip: enables the ability to harmlessly approach every
tank and destroy them.
There are a few different types of obstacles scattered around
each stage. The key to surviving is knowing how to use them to your
- Tanks and bullets cannot pass through this.
- Can be destroyed by being shot four times (two times when
offensive power is tier four/max) on the same side.
- Stops tanks and bullets completely.
- Can only be destroyed if hit twice on the same side by maximum
power level bullets (tier four).
- Obfuscates tanks and bullets under it when moving through.
- Caution: tricky to tell where the enemies are; even
trickier to tell where their bullets are.
- Tanks cannot traverse through at all.
- Bullets can fly across.
- Tanks can move on it. When you try to stop moving, your tank
will slide forward a bit before stopping.
- Caution: obfuscates flying bullets.