From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
This is a glossary of sorts for players of Civilization games.
This page is not up to date with the release of Civ IV.
 General glossary
- Babs: Babylonians
- Barbs Barbarians
- Apolyton: http://www.apolyton.net/
- Civ: Civilization (either the game or a civilization within it)
- Epic Game: A single-player random or customized map, as opposed to a scenario.
- Goodie hut: Minor Tribe (Civ), Unity Pod (SMAC); "pod" is more common for the latter.
- ICS: Infinite City Sprawl, also derisively Infinite City Sleaze and other uncomplimentary phrases
- MP: Multiplayer game
- OCC: One City Challenge. An attempt to complete the Epic Game with only one city. More specifically, an organized contest involving this.
- PBEM: Play by e-mail
- Territory: What you do not have enough of and everybody else has too much of
- Village: See "goodie hut"
- Land grab Trying to "grab" as much land as possible, usually at the start of the game, by building more cities and expanding their borders.
- Hammers/Commerce/Bread Production points/Money/Growth points
- Beakers Research points, even though they are actually flasks.
 Call to Power glossary
- CTP: Call to Power
 FreeCiv glossary
- Smallpox (spox): Freeciv term for Infinite City Sprawl, see ICS in general glossary, although 'smallpox' usually refers to building lots of cities with no city improvements very close together, while 'ICS' usually refers to any tactic that relies mainly on building more cities rather than improving existing cities.
- Bigpox (Largepox, lpox): Freeciv term for strategies involving improving a few cities and building in depth rather than expanding. Bigpox games are games where the rules are changed to favour such strategies.
- Rapture: We love the King day in the other civilizations; the citizens of a city are celebrating