Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
|Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword|
|Publisher(s)||Take Two Interactive|
|Distributor(s)||2K Games, Steam, GameTap|
|Latest version||3.19 (June 10, 2009)|
|System(s)||Windows, Mac OS|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Preceded by||Civilization IV|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is the second official expansion pack of the critically-acclaimed turn-based strategy video game Civilization IV. The expansion focuses on adding content to the in-game time periods following the invention of gunpowder, and includes more general content such as 11 new scenarios, 10 new civilizations, and 16 new leaders.
- Corporations: A new gameplay feature, similar to religion allows players to create corporations and spread them throughout the world. Each corporation provides benefits in exchange for certain resources.
- Espionage: Now available much earlier in the game, this expanded feature offers players many new ways to spy on opponents, stir citizen unrest and defend their government’s secrets.
- Random Events: New random events such as natural disasters, pleas for help, or demands from their citizens will challenge players to overcome obstacles in order for their civilizations to prosper.
- Advanced Starts: When starting the game in any era, this new option allows the player to purchase components for an already-developed nation.
- Expanded Space Victory: Obtaining a space victory is now more difficult and requires more strategy and decision-making than before.
- Expanded Diplomatic Victory: It is now possible to achieve diplomatic victories much earlier in the game, and to defy resolutions.
- New Game Options: Beyond the Sword offers various new game options, like new world-types and the option to play any leader-civilization combination.
Table of Contents
- Time Victory
- Conquest Victory
- Domination Victory
- Cultural Victory
- Space Race Victory
- Diplomatic Victory
Civilization · Civilization II (Conflicts in Civilization · Fantastic Worlds) · Test of Time · Civilization III (Play the World · Conquests) · Civilization IV (Warlords · Beyond the Sword) · Civilization V (Gods & Kings · Brave New World)