Doom/E2M5: Command Center
This map is simple compared to other large maps; there are no keys, and you can reach the exit simply by following a direct path to either of the two exits.
Your first step is to get to the circular staircase at the southern part of the map. To reach it, there are two routes; either the direct and faster route through a large quantity of monsters, or the safer detour to the right, on the western part of the map. If you take the west path, you can also reach the secret exit.
Kill the sergent to get the shotgun, and head up the stairs to the left or right. If you want the berserk, open the door between the two exits to the central room.
If you choose the centeral path, you will have to fight several monsters, including two cacodemons that may appear in the nukage pits to the side. AS you approach the mid-way point, the platforms will lower, revealing two barons of hell, a computer map, and a chaingun. Proceed south behind the demon-faced column, fight off thee more imps, and proceed through the door. Take a right to head towards the base of the spiral staircase.
If you choose the side passage, your route will only have a few imps within the green-floored room. Past this room, take the northern exit (or explore the other rooms for some potential items, if desired). While you will still fight the demon and four lost souls in the room before the central stairs, you can get a surprise attack on the demon.
After climbing the stairs, head south (the east room contains some ammo, but is filled with monsters; at most, you can take potshots at the few monsters in the exit corridor). Take a right turn, to a room with decorations; take the radiation suit, open the east door, and run across the nukage while dealing with the demon.
The next room at th end is filled with sargents and lost souls; you can kill them for ammo, or run past them; they can't persue past the door once it closes.
The final area contains a baron of hell (on hard) and upto two cacodemons. While there is blue armor in plain view, collecting it releases upto nine demons, depending on difficulty. Run around the sides and go to the exit.
- A chaingun is located in the central room, and appears once you cross the half-way point (or approach the area from behind.)
- The plasma gun is in the northwest secret area within the map. To raise the bridge to the plasma gun, head to the southwest area before climbing the circular staircase, and flip a switch within the vined area. Flip the switch in that room to raise the bridge.
- Berserk pack is located in the room between the two entrances to the
- Invisibility is near the switch to raise the plasma gun. Green armor can also be found in the same room.
- Blue armor, along with a box of ammo, is near the exit. This is a trap; approaching it will release between 3 and 9 demons.
- In the starting area, look for a medikit. Approaching it opens a monster closet with 3 imps and a box of shells; enter the closet to claim the secret. (Sector 126)
- Same as the above secret, except on the opposite side of the room. Makred by a pool of blood, and also contains shotgun shells. (Sector 219)
- After going through the central nukage room, take a left turn. The chainsaw is behind a wall with a misaligned texture. Note that you can collect the chainsaw without triggering the secret, especially when rubbing against the wall on the other side of the alcove. (Sector 9)
- Once you reach the southern part of the map, you should reach a circular staircase. Raching the top opens the door (marked with a misaligned texture) in the middle of the stairs, revealing a radiation suit. (Sector 11)
- Past the nukage run in the southern part of the map. Approach the wall marked by a misaligned texture and ammo clip to open it, and run through the opening until you reach the land (where a baron of hell waits.) (Sector 188)
- Past the baron of hell, you should reach a plasma gun area. In the north-west corner of the nukage area, you can find a cell charge pack. (Sector 229)
- Approach the secret exit teleporter, located in the green-floor room west of the circular staircase. To reach it, flip a switch in the nearby side-room to raise a set of stairs. (Sector 186)
- After going through the above teleporter, you should end up in a room of lost souls. (Sector 234)
- Open the marked wall from the above wall, and to reveal the second secret exit teleporter. (Sector 238)
- The exit room leading to E2M9: Fortress of Mystery is a secret. Once you enter the room, you can either flip the switch, or head to the main exit; only entering the room claims the secret. (Sector 121)