From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- How To Get Infinite Points
- Mission 1: One player grabs a whip from Linda. The other player relieves the following Williams of his bat, but does not kill Williams. Continue moving on until you're at the end of stage one. At this point the player WITHOUT the whip grabs the now bat-less enemy. The other player finishes the stage. Note that when the boss man is dead, the clock stops running down. Then the player tortures the bat-less one with the whip. 200 points per pop, and the enemy will NEVER die. Switch to non-whip attack to kill him, and resume normal play.
- Easily defeat enemies with the Elbow Smash
- When an opponent is coming towards you from one direction, face the opposite direction. When the enemy is at arm's length, do an elbow smash (Jump + Punch). The enemy will go flying forward. While the opponent is still on the ground, face away from him/her and repeat the process. Now, you can defeat enemies without them attacking. This strategy also works for bosses.
- Ghost Player
- Notice that player one gets all the points for certain weapons. Notably the barrel, which is important because it is reusable. Should player one die, while player two is still alive, player one continues to get points for the barrel. If this gets him over the extra-man mark, he gets a ghost player, which is limited in the kinds of things he can do.
- Infinite Knives
- When an enemy carrying a knife appears on the screen (NOT an enemy that picks up a knife, but one already carrying the knife when he appears), instead of taking the knife beating the enemy, hit the weapon, causing the enemy to drop it (or let it hit a wall). Doing this you will be able to pick up and use the knife against some other enemies, while the character bearing the knife will take out a new one so you can repeat the trick. You can use this same trick with dynamite.
- Throw weapons to the next mission
- At the end of some levels you can throw your weapons onto the next stage. Normally you discard them, but you can cheat. This works well on Mission 1, for instance. When at the end of the level, just after you kill the boss, move to the extreme right of the level, as far as it will scroll. Jump up just as the level ends and scrolls to the next one, if you time it right you will let go of your weapon in mid air and it will fall onto the next stage where you can just about pick it up at the very left of the screen.
- At the end of Mission 2 where the elevator appears, move as far down as possible without falling. Now, when you drop weapons, or hit some enemies, these will fall off-screen instead of falling to the ground. If fallen objects like whips or knifes fall into a certain area (near the platform), you will find them when descending into Mission 3.
- Throw Enemies Into the Void
- At the beginning of Mission 3 you will face two enemies; make them come as near to the left of the screen as possible, and throw them off-screen; they will die immediately as if falling into the 'void'.
- Fight Willy on his blacony: At the very end of Mission 4 you will notice Willy looking down at you nodding his head. Normally he will walk down when you have killed a few more henchmen. However if you lure Abobo towards the wall, elbow him so he is on the ground facing the wall. Then stand at his feet and he will throw you on the wall next to the machine gun man. You can then beat up Willy while his gun is still on the wall.
- Kill Willy in one hit
- This is also useful to quickly kill the other enemies in the final part of the last level. This trick requires a lot of dexterity and skill (and a bit of luck too, as it won't work if the enemies won't lean out enough) to be achieved. In Mission 4, after you kill the two Abobos that smashing through the wall, exploit the edge near the wall on the left to lean out downwards as much as possible (you'd better do it here and now, as later on it will become almost impossible to lean out so much without falling), then move forward and keep fighting while remaining on this edge. When Willy comes out of the steel door, wait for him to come down to the lower side of the screen; as soon as he leans out downwards enough, hit him and make him fall (be careful in using flying kicks, as you risk to fall on the spikes). If performed with the correct timing, Willy will NOT fall on the ground: he'll fall straight on the spikes, dying at once. Note: if you use this trick on all the other enemies that show up before Willy, sometimes, after the final boss is thrown in the spikes, an enemy will jump out of the spikes, and fall on them straight afterwards.