From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
The following is a list of controls for EarthBound.
- : Controls your character(s) and his/her movements, along with the movement of the arrows on the previously mentioned selection screens.
- : Brings up a menu with a number of actions you can take at any given time. Mainly these are "Talk" and "Check", but there are a number of others such as "Goods" and "PSI". also works as the "confirm" command in these menu screens.
- : Acts as the "cancel" or "no" button. Pressing this button will also bring up the status of your party.
- : Brings up the town map, after you get it from the library.
- : Acts as an instant "Check" or "Talk" so you don't have to go through the menu. Also functions as confirm.
- : Acts as an alternate button. Pressing after bringing up the status will take you to the same menu as pressing , which allows the game to be played entirely with the left hand.
- : Ring the bell when on the bike.