Final Doom/MAP04: Wormhole
The fastest way to complete the map is to head down the right corridor to reach the first door. Open the door and proceed half-way down this corridor, hugging the right wall. Turn back and you should see a door open on the left near the staircase. The exit switch is visible.
Even though the Wormhole has a simple solution, the map is much more complex.
 Front section
There are two weapons. The shotgun is in the starting corner, to your right. The rocket launcher is on the platform in the center, lowered by using it but collecting this weapon opens a monster door. To avoid tripping it, carefully grab the rocket launcher from the left of the long edge; if you do trip it, try to take cover from the chaingunners.
There is an exit to the back section. When you approach either from the trap described above or from the side stairs, a lift may lower which allows you to access the area to the north.
The exit is on the right-side, and is opened by going through the corridor to the right of the lift.
 Back Section
The back section consists of a staircase (with a few tactically placed candles) and a triangular loop with three possible directions. The outer loop consists only of monsters, but taking the central path will cause the floor to lower. Monsters may attack from both sides, but try to go to the right to collect a soul sphere.
From this lower room, you can also pass through the bars to enter the dark side of the map.
 Dark side
The dark side is a copy of the light side that you were in previously. If you want, you can return to the previous location by going through the teleporter again.
There is a separate set of monsters and items within this region; in particular, there are plenty of corpses and a new set of slightly stronger monsters; including Anacnotron and Mancubui in the front of the dark side area.
You can find a chainsaw in the center of the northern section; it is to the left of the central corridor in the loop, accessible from the surprise lift. The shotgun is located to the south, in the place of the rocket launcher pillar.
The only structural difference is the addition of an additional secret area in the north-east section. It consists of monsters, and contains only additional ammo and health.
You can attempt to reach the exit as well; the exit room contains an Arch Vile (on Normal difficulty or higher), a super shotgun and a computer map. Attempting to reach the exit switch will teleport you near the exit of the light side of the map; as such, it is not a true alternate exit for a secret.
- The rocket launcher pedistal; move over the front half to claim (Sector 64)
- On the staircase, there is a hidden door marked by a candle. (Sector 129)
- On the same staircase, there is another hidden door marked by a candle. (Sector 133)
- In the secret leading from the staircase, lower the right-most section to revela a chaingun and megasphere. (Sector 122)
- Teleport to the darkside of the map. (Sector 165)
- The first stair-case secret in the darkside map. Unmarked and implied from the light-side secret. (Sector 164)
- The second stair-case secret in the darkside map. Unmarked. (Sector 168)
- From the darkside of the map, head to the far north, and search the right wall to lower a secret; however, it's intended to be found by going through either secret in the main staircase area. (Sector 335)
- An extra chaingun is located in the light-side front section.
- Another shotgun is located in the light-side back section, to the west of the center lift.
- A chaingun is found in the dark-side right section,
- A rocket launcher is found in the dark-side back section, near the teleporter.
- The Plasma gun is found in the north-east corner of the dark side.
If playing deathmatch, players have the option of going to the light or dark side of the map. While players on the light side have only one route to the dark side, players on the dark side may return in one of two locations.