Golden Axe/Moves and Controls
This page needs images of controls for the Windows from the controller buttons category to make learning the controls easier. If a set of controller button images is available for this system, please . If a set of controller images isn't available, it might need to be brought up on the forums.
|Genesis||Sega Master System||Arcade||MS-DOS||Description|
|Move. Double-press left/right to run.|
- Combo: hit attack repeatedly to cycle between four different attacks. Each progressive attack will have slightly more reach and deal more damage than the previous one.
- Throw: while an enemy is stunned, close in and press attack to throw them.
- Jump attack: jump, then hit attack while in mid-air. This will always knock enemies down.
- Dash Attack: tap left or right twice, then hit attack when within melee range of the target. Very useful against bosses that have slower or no dash ability. If you dash against a dashing enemy the loser is randomly determined.
- Special Attack: hit attack and jump at the same time. Your hero will do a slash in front and then a jump attack behind (Ax Battler, Tyris Flare) or a rolling attack to hit enemies behind (Gilius Thunderhead). Can't be done while riding.
- Death jab: dash, then jump, then press attack to thrust your blade into your enemy's skull. This will always knock enemies down, and kills weak enemies quickly. Can't be done while riding.