This is by no means a list of all the enemies in the game, but instead a short summary of some standard enemy types and the pirate bosses.
 Common enemies
Infantry units appear very often in the game. Troopers are extremely easily killed, one shot from any weapon takes a trooper out. They are always present during ground missions, and sometimes appear in space missions. Buying the Carnage TV Transmission Set enables point bonuses for killing large amounts of troopers. There are a few different types of infantry:
- Ground: The usual type, in green uniforms. They wield machineguns and rocket launchers. Sometimes use jetpacks.
- Space: Troopers in spacesuits wielding blasters. They usually have jetpacks.
- Divers: Troopers in diving gear. They have harpoon guns.
 Ground-based turrets
Immobile cannons of different sorts which may be destroyed. They may be machineguns, rocket launchers, energy cannons, among other things.
 Small ships
There are numerous ships which fit the description "small ship." Most of them have low health and are killed easily with any up-to-date weapon. Small ships usually leave behind small wrecks. Beware, however, that there are some small ships that go down easily but deceptively have very strong weapons.
 Medium ships
Medium ships are ships that are larger than small ships, and can take a little more damage. They leave behind wrecks that crash into the ground.
 Large ships
Huge behemoths that may not be boss-class, but are usually pretty strong. They always crash into the ground when downed. These ships may have superior weapons, and some drop parachuting troopers. Some large ships are inserted in places where the player does not have good weapons, as a sort of teaser for what's to come.
 Pirate boss ships
When the Bounty Hunter License is purchased for 200,000 Z, pirate boss ships are made available in some levels. These enemies are essentially mini-bosses, and when defeated you capture a pirate boss. Their attacks vary greatly.
 Boss-class ships
The biggest of big bad boys. Bosses are usually at the end of the level, and must be defeated to progress. The exceptions are the bosses in the early levels, which cannot be defeated by the normal player, and are there only to challenge.
 Pirate bosses
You have captured a dangerous pirate, serial killer and wanted criminal. You can extradite him or take the bribe he is offering you. But there's a risk. You have a 50/50 chance you will get more or less money from a pirate than from the official authorities.
- Subject: Monty Buffon
- Alias: Zombieman
- Origin: Katarax Alpha
- Crimes: Smuggling, piracy, murder, illegal arming.
- Bounty: 10,000 Z
 The Chef
- Subject: Sonny Igiwachi
- Alias: The Chef
- Origin: Cabanos 5
- Crimes: Defalcation, hacking, drug dealing, piracy, illegal arming, murder, cannibalism.
- Bounty: 15,000 Z
- Subject: Eugene Bambus
- Alias: Casanova
- Origin: Pneumonia II
- Crimes: Murder, genocide, dog-eating, illegal arming with nuclear weapon.
- Bounty: 20,000 Z
- Subject: Emily Beta Jones
- Alias: Baracuda
- Origin: Amnesia VII
- Crimes: Piracy, murder, rape, genocide, slave-trade, illegal arming with nuclear weapon.
- Bounty: 30,000 Z
 Baron Bofuru
- Subject: Kabil Bofuru
- Alias: Baron Bofuru
- Origin: Smell Refinery AT-985236
- Crimes: Drug dealing, piracy, illegal arming with nuclear weapons, genocide, cannibalism.
- Bounty: 40,000 Z
- Subject: Robert Pampalini
- Alias: Frankenstein
- Origin: Starport Albion
- Crimes: Piracy, genocide, treason, illegal arming with nuclear weapon, planet annihilation.
- Bounty: 50,000 Z
- Subject: <Unknown>
- Alias: Go-Noghu-Ruma
- Origin: <Unknown>
- Crimes: Slave-trade, genocide, cannibalism, cloning of oozoids and beta-oozoids, planet annihilation.
- Bounty: 65,000 Z
 Crocodile Debie
- Subject: Debie Kowalski
- Alias: Crocodile Debie
- Origin: Outer stellar field 6728
- Crimes: Piracy, genocide, illegal cloning of oozoids, star system annihilation.
- Bounty: 85,000 Z
- Subject: Hubert Coffee
- Alias: Amadeus
- Origin: Colony of the Prophet Zu
- Crimes: Piracy, genocide, counterfeiting, slave-trade, trason, star system annihilation.
- Bounty: 100,000 Z