Lineage II/Classes/Dark Wizard
Dark Wizard is the basic wizard class of the darkelves. They wear robes and use any weapon, even if they prefer those with high M.Atk.
Format: Spell Name (Max Skilllevel) - Description (Level of Update+Number of Updates)
- Aura Burn (8) - A very fast, very short range magical attack. (20+2/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Curse Chaos (1) - Reduces the accurancy of target. (35)
- Curse: Poison (2) - Poisons target. (7/20)
- Flame Strike (3) - Area fire attack. (20/25/30)
- Ice Bolt (6) - Freezing attack with a slow effect on target. (7+2/14+2/20+2)
- Poisonous Cloud (2) - Area poison attack. (25/35)
- Shadow Spark (3) - Ranged dark attack. Over-hit available. (25/30/35)
- Sleep (9) - Puts target into slumber. (25+3/30+3/35+3)
- Slow (1) - Slows target down. (35)
- Surrender To Poison (3) - Lowers targets resistance against poison. (25/30/35)
- Twister (8) - Wind attack. (20+2/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Vampiric Touch (6) - Ranged attack which absorbs hp of target. (14+2/20+2/25+2)
- Mighty Servitor (1) - Improves p.atk of summon. (35)
- Servitor Heal (12) - Heals summon. (20+3/25+3/30+3/35+3)
- Servitor Recharge (6) - Recharges mp of summon. (25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Summon Shadow (4) - Summons shadow with 30% xp consumption. D-crystals required. (20/25/30)
- Summon Silhouette (4) - Summons Silouette which spellcasts and has 90% xp consumption. D-crystals required. (20/25/30)
- Battle Heal (3) - Heals faster but at greater mp cost than Heal. (14+3)
- Body To Mind (1) - Transform hp to mp. (25)
- Corpse Life Drain (2) - Absorbs hp from a corpse. (30/35)
- Concentration (2) - Protects against interruption of spellcasting through damage. (20/30)
- Robe Mastery (8) - Improves p.def. Robes only. (20+2/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Shield (1) - Increases P.def of target. (7)
- Anti Magic (4) - Increases M.Def. (7+2/14+2)
- Boost Mana (2) - Increases maximum MP. (20/30)
- Fast HP Recovery (1) - Increases HP Regeneration. (35
- Fast Mana Recovery (2) - Increases MP Regeneration. (25/35)
- Fast Spell Casting (1) - Increases Castspeed. (25)
- Higher Mana Gain (8) - Increases effectivity of recharges. (20+2/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Robe Mastery (8) - Increases P.Def. Robe only. (20+2/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Weapon Mastery (9) - Increases P.Atk and M.Atk. (7/14/20/25+2/30+2/35+2)
- Quick Recovery (2) - Time between magic uses shortens. (20/30)
- Armor Mastery (3) - Increases P.Def. (7/14+2)
- Cure Poison (1) - Cures poison. (7)
- Group Heal (3) - Heals all members of the current party. (14+3)
- Heal (6) - Heals the target. (7+3/14+3)
- Might (1) - Increases P.atk of target. (7)
- Self Heal (1) - Heals caster. (1)
- Wind Shackle (1) - Lowers Atk.speed of target. (14)
- Wind Strike (5) - Wind attack on target. (1/7+2/14+2)
The Devotion Set keeps being the best choice for dark wizards until they can get Karmian on c-grade. You CAN however live without it. If you want to, you might prefer to ask a Bounty Hunter around level 35 for Gloves of Knowledge (can be spoiled from Tyrant in Ants Nest, which is the by far easiest way to get them) and buy the rest of the set from the shop.
Weapons are obvious - maximize your m.atk. with the Staff or Life etc.
You should concentrate your skills on the class you want to be come, meaning damage spells for future Spellhowlers and summons for future Phantom Summoners.
With damage spells, business is as usual. You use your largest range spell first to attract the mob, then slow it down with Ice Bolt or Slow, then keep running away and casting damage spells. With Aura Burn, even tight Situations are quite manageable now.
Summoners need crystals, which are quite expensive. OTOH with summons one can face mobs of much higher level in melee.