- Region: Victoria Island
- Roads: Victoria Road, Hidden Street, Warning Street, Kerning City Subway & Line 3 Construction Site, Kerning City Town Street, Victoria Island (MapleSEA)
- Level Range: 2-20
This is the place where you go to become a thief. You must be at least level 10. It is located on the northwestern side of Victoria Island, situated between Henesys, Lith Harbor and Perion. This is the most urban town in Victoria Island, hence its name. Outside of the town, there are a number of construction sites and partially completed buildings, overrun by monsters. The little pit with sewer pipes is usually crowded due to the high popularity of party quests. The middle sewer pipe leads you to a warning street, heading to the dungeon town, Sleepywood. Kerning City features the First Accompaniment Party Quest for users level 21 and over, with a King Slime boss at the end.
- In JapanMS, Perry the Pelican can take players from Kerning to Zipangu. Maps are heavily altered to ease Maplers to walk.
Secret Flower Garden
This is the hideout place for Dual Blades, which is accessible via a portal outside the Dark Lord's place, or through Ryden. Lady Syl, the creator of Dual Blades, can be found here. The 2nd Job advancement takes place here too.
- Level Range: 11-17
Kerning's most popular training area is in the Subways. It is also the host to three Kerning Jump quests. The first map, as would be expected, is populated by the flying enemies, Stirges, however they can pose quite a threat to players that cannot deal enough damage to knock them back. The next map is filled with Stirges and Jr. Wraiths. At this point, called the Transfer Area, the path splits into 2 lines(Line 1 and Line 2). Both routes are similar, featuring Jr. and the "senior" Wraiths. The monster Shade spawns alongside the Wraiths at the end of both lines. Shades can be weakened by activating the lamp. The subways are also used by players to go to Kerning Square, a theme dungeon that mirrors Taipei 101 in Formosa.
- In TaiwanMS, a subway train that departs from Kerning can take players to Ximending, the main Taiwan town. In GlobalMS,TaiwanMS, MapleSEA and EuropeMS, a subway train that departs from Kerning can take Players to New Leaf City.
Jr. Wraith (13)
Shade - (17)
The Kerning Airport is a recently built area, currently available in GlobalMS. Players can take a plane from Kerning City Airport to reach Singapore Airport for 20,000 meso per ticket. However it only costs 6000 mesos for MapleSEA.
In the Big Bang patch, the airport has been moved to the Six Path Crossway, but retains the background of the airport, only GMS has kept Kerning Airport.
- Level Range: 19-65
The Kerning Swamp is the swamp after Kerning City and the subways. It has the enemies you would expect in a swamp, such as snakes and alligators. When one goes deeper into the swamp, he/she will encounter crocodiles as well. In some versions, a boss monster, called Dyle, spawns here in the middle of the swamp. It is an enormous alligator with a bird riding on it's back.
Jr. Necki (19)
Dyle - Boss (28)
Swamp of Despair III Scroll Merchant
Sells 100% scrolls.
|Helmet||Weapon Defence +1||35,000|
|Bottomwear||Weapon Defence +1||35,000|
|All weapons||Attack +1||70,000|
- NPCs that appear in multiple towns
- Cody (Wizet Wizard)
- Dalair (Monk of Honor)
- Donation Box
- Duey (Package Deliverer, not available in GMS)
- Donald (Package Deliverer, only available in GMS)
- Mu Lung Dojo Bulletin Board
- Regular Cab (Takes you to Ellinia (1,200 Mesos), Henesys (1,000 Mesos), Lith Harbor (1,000 Mesos), and Perion (800 Mesos)
- Spinel (World Tour NPC, not available in JMS because players can use the "Quick Move" option to transport to a map to speak to Spinel.)
- Spiegelmann (Monster Carnival NPC, found at left side of Victoria Road: Kerning City)
- Unique NPCs