Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2/Ascension
- Reach Castle Gates
- Destroy Turret Defenses (optional)
- Defeat Wizard and Scorcher
- Audio Log: Electro's New Suit — patio to the left at the first right turn.
- Dossier: Black Widow — patio to the left at the first right turn.
- Boost: Destructive I — to the right after going up the elevator.
- Body Upgrade: To the right after going up the elevator.
- Dossier: Electro — to the right after going up the elevator.
- Boost: Fire Proof I — on second round platform after first set of force fields.
- Boost: Powerful IV — defeat Wizard. (Legendary)
- Boost: Striker IV — defeat Scorcher. (Legendary)
 To the elevator
This map begins with more running through streets taking out soldiers and bashing down gates. As you start up the street you'll make a left and then a right. Before making the right, look to the left, there's a patio where you can grab an Audio Log and a Dossier. After the first gate you smash, you'll run into soldiers with shields for the first time. There are three ways to take care of shield-toting enemies:
- Stand in front of the soldier and press Grab to grab the shield; then, rapidly tap Grab to rip it from the soldier (on PS3 you can also shake the controller rather than tap Grab).
- Hit the soldier with a Trip combo to knock him to the ground.
- Hit the soldier with a Direct Damage Power.
For now, grabbing and ripping is probably the easiest solution. Smash the next gate around the corner and climb the hill. As you round a bend you'll run into a helicopter firing missiles. Use Block to deflect the missiles; or, just dodge them and rush the helicopter. When the chopper starts chucking grenades, pick one up and throw it (Grab a grenade to pick it up and press Grab again to throw). One or two grenades will finish the 'copter and you can continue up the hill.
At the top of the hill you will once again be swarmed by soldiers, a couple using shields. There are three to four waves of soldiers that will drop on you, so use Fusions judiciously. (For the "Tactical Training" trophy/achievement, you must use at least one Clearing Fusion.) When Fusions aren't available, Spidey's Web Mace and Iron Man's Pulse Barrage are most useful in keeping enemies off your back.
 Path of turrets
Once all the soldiers are defeated, a cutscene will introduce a ride in the elevator. This will be your first chance to select responses. There are three attitudes represented by the responses you can give. The first response in the list is an Aggressive response; the second is a Diplomatic response; and, the third is a Defensive response. By giving the same response throughout a conversation, you can earn Boosts as bonuses.
After the ride in the elevator, ignore Fury's suggestion to go left and go right (south). Explore the area to find a Boost, Body upgrade and Dossier. Now you can listen to Fury and go back past the elevator to a round platform. Defeat the few enemies here and advance down the path to the west. There will be a turret to each side of the path. Use a ranged attack (Iron Man's Pulse Barrage, Cap's Shield Throw) to take out the turrets.
Keep going until you're blocked by a force field. To the left of the field is a large metal something; step up to it and press and hold Grab to grab the object and pull it to the force field. Slide it in on the left side to leave room on the right to go through; defeat the soldier and press Grab/Interact at the control console to take down the far force field.
The final Fusion training moment is to use a Guided Fusion to advance to the next platform. Advance to the next circular platform; where you'll find a Boost on the far side. From this second circular platform, the path has two more turrets along the sides. After the turrets, there's one more swarm to take care of before you advance to the boss battle.
 Scorcher and Wizard
At the castle gates you will face Scorcher and Wizard. Concentrate on Scorcher until Wizard comes out of his little protective field; then, turn your attention to him. You can use the generic boss battle strategy as there's nothing unusual going on here. When both villains are down, step up close to the gate and press Grab/Interact to start the cutscene that opens the gate.