Mirai Ninja/Getting Started
- Joystick: Use the 4-way joystick to make Mirai Ninja run left, run right, and crouch. Pushing the joystick in the same direction twice will make Mirai Ninja run faster.
- Attack Button: Use this button to make Mirai Ninja throw shurikens at the enemies, or slash them with his sword at close range.
- Jump Button: Use this button to make Mirai Ninja jump. The player cannot change the direction he is facing while he is in mid-air.
- 1 or 2 Player Buttons: Push these buttons to begin a 1 or 2 player game.
 Mirai Ninja (未来忍者)
The eponymous protagonist of the game, who was portrayed by Makoto Yokoyama and voiced over by Satoshi Itō in the movie that the game is based on. Armed with an infinite supply of shurikens and a sword that he will only use at close range, he is on a mission to save Princess Saki from the evil master Shikinami Kurosagi. He starts the game with 99 energy points, and loses 12-15 of them each time he gets hit; however, he gains 25-30 of them back each time he clears a stage. If he runs out of energy points, the game will ask if you want to continue by inserting another coin and pushing the start button before a timer runs out - but if you choose to do so, your score will be set back to a value that subtracts the stage's number by 1 and multiplies it by 30000.
There are eight different types of powerups in the game. From left to right, they are: Chishiki (blue), Cocolo (turquoise), Honoh (pink), Ikari (red), Inori (gray), Kudaki (orange), Waza (green) and Chikara (yellow). Their effects will be explained to you in the Walkthrough.
- Hanzou Hattori (服部半蔵) - 500 points
- Sasuke (サスケ) - 250 points
- Semushi Man (せむし男) - 400 points
- Karasu (カラス) - 330 points
- Kakure Mino (隠れ蓑) - 600 points
- Choucho (ちょうちょ) - 1010 points
- Yellow One-Eyed Demon (一つ目の悪魔・黄) - 1500 points
- Gray One-Eyed Demon (一つ目の悪魔・グレイ) - 5000 points
- Zaku (ザク) - 3330 points
- Domu (ドム) - 1200 points
- Tourou (灯篭) - 340 points
- Karasu Tengu (からす天狗) - 700 points
- Fireball (火の弾) - Indestructible
- Karakuri (神社) - 3330 points
- Cannon (大砲) - 2000 points
- Kasa (蜘蛛) - 250 points
- Stick User (棒使い) - 800 points
- Shuriken Launcher (手裏剣発射砲) - 330 points
- Ya Launcher (矢発射砲) - Indestructible
- Namekuji (ナメクジ) - 50 points
- Shura (修羅) - 3500 points
- Kappa (河童) - 400 points
- Han Guraida (ハングライダー) - 2500 points
- Bomb Gate (爆弾門) - Self-destructs after 7 seconds
- Tonbi (とんび) - 1230 points
- Beam Launcher (ビーム発射砲) - 10 points
STAGES 1 & 5: Inari (稲荷) - 6000 points
STAGES 2 & 8: Oda Nobunaga (織田信長) - 15000 points
STAGE 3: Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣秀吉) - 2000 x 4 points
STAGES 4 & 9: The Core (ザ・コア) - 20000 points
STAGE 7: Nekko (根っこ) - 2000 x 6 and 8000 points
STAGE 10: Asura (阿修羅) - 20000 points
STAGE 12: Shikinami Kurosagi (雷鳴法師) - 25000 points