At the office, Mia leaves Maya, who asks what happened. Phoenix tells her that he needs a motive for why Jack would drug Will Powers, and proof that he stole the costume, yet was killed. Talk to Maya about what happened while she was absent, then move to the Detention Center.
Will thanks you for doing so well. Talk to Will:
- Producer Vasquez: Will reveals that Dee Vasquez saved Global Studios from dire straits five years ago, when she came on board.
- Director Manella: Vasquez liked Manella's vision, and brought The Steel Samurai to him. Now he's famous for it, and will do whatever Vasquez wants.
- Mr. Hammer: You'll find that Hammer used to be a big star, until five years ago — the same time Vasquez started at Global Studios.
Move to the Studio — Main Gate.
Oldbag seems very quiet. Maya suspects she let her guard down, but she still won't let you near those donuts. Talk to her about all of the available topics, however you won't get any new information, except that Manella was "treated like dirt" by Vasquez, and he seemed to enjoy it. Move to the Employee Area.
Maya wonders if there are any more clues, since you found the bottle here. However, Gumshoe will stop you before you start searching. It turns out he's looking at the plate for traces of the pills. Talk to Gumshoe:
- The plate: It seems that there is a solution to test for traces of the sleeping pills. Gumshoe's test shows that the pills left traces on the plate by changing its color. Looks quite helpful, so the Steak Plate will be added to your Court Record.
- The investigation: It turns out his investigation isn't going well.
- Prosecutor Edgeworth: Edgeworth is very angry about today's trial. He also tells you that they found Jack's fingerprints on the bottle, meaning that the one who drugged Will was the victim! The Sleeping Pill Bottle will be added to your Court Record once more.
Move to the Dressing Room.
Note: There is an issue on the iOS version where Penny will not show up in the dressing room.
When you enter, you'll face Penny, who is cleaning up the room since Will Powers won't be needing it any more, as this week's episode of The Steel Samurai, much to Maya's shock, will be the last. Talk to Penny:
- Mr. Hammer: It turns out that she didn't know that Studio Two was the crime scene, rather than Studio One. It seems rumor has it that Vasquez held some "dirt" on Hammer, concerning an accident during shooting at Studio Two five years ago.
- The last episode: Penny says that Global Studios isn't producing kids' shows any more.
- Studio policy: The studio is canceling The Steel Samurai, so that everyone will forget about the crime. Maya objects to this, saying that lots of kids will be heartbroken.
Present the Path to Glory to Penny for proof. Penny will change her mind, but doesn't know what to do about the incident five years ago.
- Five years ago: It turns out that Hammer "accidentally" killed someone. Vasquez kept it quiet, which is the dirt she held on Hammer. Penny claims Ms. Oldbag knows more about this. Move to the Studio — Main Gate to talk to her.
Main Gate (2)
Talk to Oldbag:
- Five years ago: She'll predictably be angry at Penny for telling you, and Oldbag reveals that Nichols is Penny's last name. She also wants proof that Jack Hammer stole the Steel Samurai costume.
Choose "I have proof", then present to her the Steak Plate. She'll believe Will Powers put it there himself. Prove her wrong by presenting the Sleeping Pill Bottle. After seeing the fingerprints, she'll finally confess about the accident.
When Hammer killed a man, a paparazzo took the picture, and tried to send it to the press. However, Vasquez, who is revealed to have ties to the Mafia, was able to silence him. Since then, no one at the studios dares to defy her. Ms. Oldbag will give you the paparazzo's photo of the incident, showing that Hammer pushed the other actor onto the fence of a flowerbed while fighting on the stairs at Studio Two. The actor was punctured by the sharp gate and died. The Five-Year-Old Photo will be added to your Court Record.
Move to Outside Studio Two. Along the way, Maya wonders: if Hammer put Will to sleep and stole his costume, then why did he go to Studio Two? And who called him? The producer, or the director?
Studio Two Entrance
Once you're here, you'll see Vasquez. Present to her the Five-Year-Old Photo. She used the photo to control Hammer. She wants to discuss it inside the Trailer, so move there.
Studio Two Trailer
Inside, Vasquez wants to know if you want information about the incident. It seems she used the photo to blackmail Hammer, and forced him to do her bidding in return for her silence about the "accident". Vasquez will reveal to you a little surprise: Hammer didn't kill the other actor by accident, rather he did it on purpose! Phoenix wants proof. Vasquez says that there's no way she could have blackmailed Hammer if he hadn't done it on purpose. Oldbag said it was an accident, because she was a big fan, as she claimed a few days ago.
Oldbag ended up with the photo by assaulting the reporter who brought it into the studios. It now remains the only copy in existence, and Vasquez wants the photo. However, Phoenix refuses to give it to her, so she calls her boys to "erase" them, so they won't go to court with this new information. Don't worry though, as Gumshoe will save you at the last moment. Hearing every word, he arrests Vasquez, who says the contest will be decided tomorrow at trial. It looks like you'll get to the bottom of this after all, but you'll have to wait until the next day.