From now on, you will play as Phoenix again. Apparently he just read the case of the Valerie Hawthorne murder, as he did in the last episode. You return to the Hazakura Temple.
Edgeworth informs you that the murder weapon isn't the Shichishito and is yet to be found. He leaves to look more into your client's past. Gumshoe will also leave. They are reconstructing the bridge so you can get to Maya as soon as possible.
Time to do some investigating. Move to the Main Gate.
You will see Larry, and Von Karma. Larry is adamant that he saw Iris fly. Larry will leave. Talk to von Karma about all topics. It just gives you a history of von Karma and what happened so far.
Move to the Main Hall.
Bikini looks very depressed. Elise dead, Iris a criminal, Maya stuck at the Inner Temple, and Pearl missing. Talk to Bikini:
- Iris: Bikini was sure that she saw Iris pull the sword from Elise. But thanks to Larry, she isn't quite sure. Edgeworth saw no Psyche-Locks when Iris told him she wouldn't kill anyone, and Larry thinks he saw Iris fly. You see no Psyche-Locks on Bikini, so you conclude that they didn't see what they think they saw.
- Inner Temple: Bikini notes that the Inner Temple is just like an island. It is surrounded by nothing but river and canyon. So if a criminal were to run to the island and the bridge collapsed, he would have to stay there. So, does that mean that Maya is probably stuck with the real killer!?
- Elise Deauxnim: Just why did Elise come here in the first place? 5 Psyche-Locks appear, as Bikini doesn't want to say anything. It seems Elise was more than just a visitor.
- Pearl: Bikini says that she never saw Pearl since dinner that night. The detective confirmed that she wasn't in her home. This brings in one more place she could be hiding. Hopefully Gumshoe finishes.
Move to the Courtyard
Nothing here. Look around if you want, but other than that, Move back to the Main Hall.
Main Hall (2)
Gumshoe arrives to tell you that he is finally done with the repairs to the bridge! Now you can go get Maya! Von Karma will arrive and will say she will help you on her investigation.
Move to the Inner Temple Gate! (accessible from Suspension Bridge)
Inner Temple Gate
Upon entering, you will find Pearl! It looks like she was here all along feeling all alone. When you ask Pearl if Maya is here, she will run off crying, blaming herself for something. Anyway, at least you know Pearl is all right, but what about Maya?
Before you could look for her, Examine the incinerator on the right. All of the snow is melted and it's open, but yesterday it was entirely covered in snow! It looks like someone used it.
Move inside the Training Hall.
You don't see Maya anywhere, but you do see a Psyche-Lock at the back of the room. What is it doing here?
Examine the lock first. Then Examine the scroll with Misty on it. It looks like someone put gravy on it. But, why? And it looks like the same gravy from that dinner on that night. The Hanging Scroll will be updated to the Court Record.
Just then, a surprise meets you. It's Godot! What's he doing here!? Was he here stuck with Pearl? Godot seems different today. He says you did something you can't undo Talk to Godot:
- Why didn't you show?: Godot will say that he "died" once, and was revived by the magic of modern medicine. He was forced to wear his mask because he can't see. Godot presumes you know who "killed" him and when. You do get a tug in your memory.
- Can't undo?: Godot tells you that Maya isn't on this island. The search party hasn't searched the cavern inside here, especially behind the bars the lock is guarding, where Maya is! Does that mean she is dead!? What's more is that Godot tells you that you let Maya die... just like you did to her older sister, Mia Fey!
- Mia Fey: It looks like Godot has heard of Mia's death and how it happened. He blames you for taking her life, and now you have done the same thing to Maya!
- Trick Lock: Godot says it isn't possible to break the lock yourself. He thinks the lock was set by Iris, who can open it too! Iris, the defendant!? Apparently accompanying nuns can use the locks to guard the acolyte. Godot will leave to call Iris (hopefully, before another earthquake strikes.)
Move to the Inner Temple Gate.
Inner Temple Gate (2)
You see Gumshoe here, who is pondering if he should "wash" something or not. He refers to the gate with the sign "No Entry" on it. Behind it is a garden. He tells you not to enter and leaves, as it is under investigation right now, but heck, check it anyways.
Move to the Garden, where Gumshoe is.
It looks like there is strange atmosphere here. What's that writing on the lantern? Gumshoe is here.
Take a look around, as usual. Examine the red thing in the snow. It looks like a charm. Gumshoe says it belonged to the victim! The broken cords around her neck matches the ones on the charm. This could be vital evidence. The Kurain Master's Talisman will be added to the Court Record. (Kurain Master's... it doesn't mean?)
Now Examine the ground surrounding the stone lantern. It looks like the snow is cleared, and in good rectangular shape. Gumshoe says it was like that from the very beginning.
Finally, Examine a red spot on the wall. It looks like blood! It says Maya upside-down!
Talk to Gumshoe:
- The investigation: Gumshoe says they found nothing yet, it looks as clean as a whistle.
- Maya: Gumshoe says that there was no where else where Maya disappeared besides the secret cavern. Edgeworth is escort Iris there, but don't expect any good news from him.
- Bloody writing: Gumshoe confirms that the blood was Elise's, and that she was the one that wrote it! Why is it upside-down? Gumshoe also says that here in the Inner Temple Garden is likely the real crime scene.
- True crime scene: Didn't Bikini see the murder occur? If so, then was this set up? Von Karma and Gumshoe will say Dusky Bridge was out, so no one had no chance of going over it to the Inner Temple, and as Gumshoe was watching the whole time, no one else went through. What does this mean for Maya and Bikini's Testimony!?
You'll have to talk to Bikini about this. Move to the Main Gate.
Main Gate (2)
Iris and Edgeworth had finally arrived. As you expected, Edgeworth tell you that Maya is in a rather "delicate" position, so the place is being investigated, thus off limits to you, much to your dismay. Looks like you can't go back.
Move inside the Main Hall.
Main Hall (3)
Bikini still looks down, but you and von Karma encourage her. Present the Magatama.
Bikini's Psyche-Locks: Elise Deauxnim
Talk to Bikini
- Elise Deauxnim: Bikini recognized her as Misty when she showed her the talisman. No one has seen her for twenty years, so why did she show up? Bikini will say that something happened that called her out of hiding.
Before Bikini could tell you what happened, an earthquake strikes! Then that means the temple could be collapsing! What does this mean for Maya!? And Edgeworth, he has a great fear of earthquakes! You'll have to check out the inner temple right away!
Quick, Move to the Main Gate!
Main Gate (3)
Edgeworth comes looking quite pale. When the earthquake hit, he passed out, and when he came to, Iris is gone! Before a manhunt is authorized, you decide to look for Iris anyways, as she isn't the type of person to leave the Inner Temple when an earthquake hit. You go to the Training Hall automatically.
Training Hall (2)
In here, you find something unexpected and irritating. Instead of 1 Psyche-Lock, there are 5!!! Iris will come in the room...