You ask Iris to unlock the locks, but unfortunately, she says she can't. But how!? Edgeworth will take care of the investigation in the garden, while von Karma will look after Iris. Talk to Iris:
- Escape: Iris says she did ran off, but when the earthquake hit, she was worried and came back. Here, she saw those five mysterious locks.
- Trick lock: Iris says there are different ways to set up these locks. She promises to do what she can to solve them, though it will take some time, like a whole day or so! Can Maya survive that long.
- The night of the crime: If she was spotted at the Inner Temple, yet Iris claims she was in her room, just where was she really? You ask her that question and what do you know, 3 Psyche-Locks.
Move to the Garden.
You will see the same prideful Edgeworth. Talk to him:
- The investigation: Edgeworth suspects that this garden is getting more likely to be the true crime scene. And about Maya? She probably is the suspect.
- Earthquakes: Just another mention of that case that occurred 17 years ago, nothing important really.
- Iris: Edgeworth had a strange feeling he saw her face before. He checked all of records and he was right, he had seen her face six years ago. Edgeworth can't tell you who that woman is, because he is sure that she has nothing to do with this case. It looks like you'll have to find the evidence that proves otherwise.
Move to Heavenly Hall.
You will see Pearl, along with Larry. It looks like they call the place the Loser's shack. You can understand Larry, but how is Pearl a loser? Talk to them:
- Laurice's Sketch: Nothing important here, just why is Larry adamant that Iris flew?
- The night of the crime: Pearl was supposed to be at the Main Temple, reading with Elise, but she was actually at the Inner Temple when the murder happened. You ask Pearl what happened, and she will bring 5 Psyche-Locks and the fact that her powers had disappeared. Disappeared?
- Lost powers: Pearl seems hopeless without her powers, so it looks like she tried to channel someone. How can a medium with spiritual powers even stronger than Maya fail to channel someone?
Move to the Main Hall.
After telling Bikini the condition of the inner temple and the new problem with the locks, you ask her why exactly did Misty come here suddenly. Bikini will say that Misty proved that she was the Master, and told her that someone is trying to destroy the family line, and she is trying to stop it.
Talk to Bikini:
- Kurain Channeling Technique: Nothing important here, just history with the people's connection to the technique.
- DL-6 Incident: For those who didn't play the first game or can't quite remember what the case is about, here are the details. Misty was called in for a channeling session. She has used her powers to frame someone for murder. The man was found innocent, however and Misty was labeled as a fraud. Misty disappeared, not bearing the embarrassment she made to her family. You solved the case and found the real murderer 3 years ago, however, so everything is pretty much well in Kurain Village again.
- Family feud: You'll find more about the feud and Morgan Fey, who tried once to get Maya away from the Master to get her daughter to be the one in the seat. Bikini notes on Morgan's daughter... no not Pearl, but Iris!
- Morgan and Iris: Apparently, Bikini didn't know that Pearl was Morgan's daughter. She always thought she had two daughters, not three! And the third, Iris's twin sister! Iris had a twin sister!? Bikini said that the father of the twins left Morgan after she was thrown off the Master's position. Bikini can't exactly remember the name of Iris's twin, but she does know that her father was a jeweler.
What a twist! Let alone several! Move to the Courtyard.
You will find Gumshoe, who is searching for the real murder weapon. He finds a letter, but thinks it isn't important. Talk to Gumshoe:
- The investigation: Gumshoe says there is nothing important found here, yet.
- The letter: Gumshoe says it is just a burnt letter, which he found at the incinerator at the Inner Temple! Does that mean someone really did use the incinerator!? It also says something about spirit mediums and Master's, so it has to be important! The Burnt Letter will be added to the Court Record.
Check the Burnt Letter. It looks like instructions to channeling someone to earn the Master's position. The letter doesn't give any details, since they're all burnt out. Just who is channeling who?
- Murder weapon: Well, since the Shichishito wasn't the murder weapon, as Edgeworth has proven yesterday, Gumshoe has been searching for the real one. Gumshoe says he has a "secret weapon" from the precinct.
- Secret weapon: Since the murder weapon is a sword, Gumshoe has brought the metal detector (don't tell him it was obvious). He wants you to use it, say Play forensics expert.
Gumshoe will now tell you how the metal detector works. Just move the cursor until you find something, and press the Check gauge to look. You will now begin. Check the staff on the snow. It looks like something metal is inside it. After a few seconds of checking, you will find something stunning. There is a sword inside Elise's staff! Could this mean...
Talk to Gumshoe again
- Murder weapon: Gumshoe says no one else knows about this. It looks like there is no blood, but someone wiped it off, right? It is also the same length as the Shichishito, so it has to be the real murder weapon!
Gumshoe tries to go to forensics to get it analyzed for blood, but your concerns for Maya have you stop him. Gumshoe will give you the Victim's Staff, which will be updated to the Court Record.
Now, Move to the Garden.
Present ??????'s Profile to Edgeworth. After telling Edgeworth that Iris had a twin sister, you finally hear the sister's name, Dahlia Hawthorne. Talk to Edgeworth:
- Dahlia Hawthorne: As, you and Edgeworth discuss about the cases Mia took, you will learn why Edgeworth doesn't think Dahlia wasn't related to the case... Dahlia is dead!
- Dahlia's death: About a month ago, six years after Mia convicted her, Dahlia was executed. Edgeworth thinks there is no way to revive the dead. That is why Dahlia had no connection to the case whatsoever, though you wonder.
You finally have Dahlia Hawthorne's Profile opened. You know what to do, Move to the Training Hall.
Training Hall (2)
You are now ready to take on Iris's Psyche-Locks. Do the usual, Present the Magatama:
Iris's Psyche-Locks: The Night of the Crime
Talk to Iris:
- The night of the crime: Iris says she knew all along that Dahlia was at the Inner Temple. The reason why Iris hasn't tell you this is because she didn't want to get in Dahlia's way. Iris had "betrayed" her once.
- The traitor: Iris reveals that she was part of the plan to help Dahlia get away with the crime 11 years ago. However, she couldn't bring herself to do everything, so she ran away, resulting in what you saw of what Dahlia had become 5 years ago. Iris will also reveal that it wasn't for the money, it was to get revenge on their father!
- Revenge: Their father once threw off Morgan. Morgan was supposed to be the Master, which is why Iris's father married their mother. But after said mother's title was lost to Misty, her younger sister, and Misty's mistake at the DL-6 Incident. The man decide he had no place there after all and decided to leave Morgan and took his two daughters, leaving an emotional blow to Morgan. He then married another woman, who had already had a daughter, Valerie. He decided that two girls were enough and kicked Iris out of the family.
You ask Iris about a certain college student Dahlia tried to kill. (You, obviously) Iris says that her sister told her that she "hated his guts".
You decide to continue your investigation. You only have one more set of Psyche-Locks to break, Pearl's.
Move to the Heavenly Hall.
Heavenly Hall (2)
Just do the usual, (Present the Magatama) and you will begin the last Psyche-Lock challenge of the game:
Pearl's Psyche-Locks: The Night of the Crime
Talk to Pearl:
- The night of the crime: Pearl will admit she went to the Inner Temple, with a pot full of gravy. She didn't want to interrupt Maya's training, so she went somewhere else and stayed there. Pearl fell asleep and woke up to find the bridge collapsed. She thought everyone left her behind and started crying. She put the letter in the incinerator and spilled the gravy all over the poster.
- Lost powers: Pearl tired many times but couldn't channel Dahlia's spirit. Her theory is that someone else could be channeling her spirit. Pearl is very spiritually powerful, so who was channeling Dahlia at the time of the murder? Pearl will say it was her mother's final wish.
- Morgan's Letter: Pearl say that her mother told her to go to her house. That's where the letter was. When Pearl found it, it looked like someone else had opened it. The Burnt Letter will be updated to the Court Record.
Just then, Godot comes, again taunting you for not protecting Maya. Is Maya really dead? Maybe tomorrow in court, you will find the truth somehow, solve mysteries and twists and ultimately, find the truth and confirm Maya's safety. And maybe you could perhaps talk some sense into Godot, and maybe find out what his deal is with you and Mia's death.
We then see Morgan, again awaiting excitedly for Pearl's time to come. Let's hope you delay that time even longer.
This concludes the final investigation day of the game. You will now do the rest in court tomorrow.