Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen/Basics and Controls
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- The main objective in Pokémon games is to catch Pokémon, which are randomly found in tall grass, caves, ponds, lakes, and the ocean.
- In order to catch Pokémon, you will need to use Poké Balls, there are many kinds of Poké Balls but the basic ones are the Poké Ball, Great Ball, and Ultra Ball.
- Wild Pokémon are weak at first but get progressively stronger as you train them.
- Some Pokémon are capable of 'evolving', once they have evolved they will have a new look, higher stats and new moves.
- You can not catch other trainer's Pokémon, only wild Pokémon.
 Overworld Controls
- - move in the appropriate direction (no diagonals)
- / - help
- pick up items, talk to people, etc.
- - pull out the menu
- - use a "registered" item