Punch-Out!! (Wii)/Von Kaiser
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Record: 23-13 (10 KOs)
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 144 lbs
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Berlin, Germany
- Description: An over-the-hill military boxer that cares for the looks for his boots.
- KO Count: 3
- Ticker Punch: Von Kaiser rattles his head, makes a sound like a clock, and throws a jab at you.
- Uppercut: Like Glass Joe, he uppercuts you, making you dodge left or right. His uppercuts are easy to anticipate.
Von Kaiser is not that different from Glass Joe. He starts with Ticker Punch and his taunt is when he hides behind his gloves and he peeks. Punch him in the head with your right arm and you'll get a Star.
- Star opportunities
- After you successfully land a combo on him, Von Kaiser will cower behind his gloves. He will eventually peek his face out from behind his gloves and call out, "Mommy?" and flash gold. Time a punch to his face then.
- Counter his punches. The techniques are similar to those of Glass Joe.
- Knockdown opportunities
- He still has the same weakness from his debut on the NES. Stun him then quickly follow up with a Star Punch.
- Hitting a Star Punch during his "Mommy?" pose (peeking his face behind his gloves) will usually knock him down. Use three Stars for a One-Hit KO.
- Defeat Von Kaiser and land EVERY punch.
- Self-explanatory. The easiest way to complete this is to finish one of the other two challenges below, particularly the third one.
- TKO Von Kaiser...in under a minute.
- Note that it says TKO. So you have to score three knockdowns on him before the clock passes 2:00. This is mostly down to technique. He'll start with a series of Ticker Punches. Counter the first one to get a star, then dodge the second one, smack him with a jab, then follow up with the Star Punch to score knockdown #1. #2 may be easier since he may go into his "Mommy?" pose just after countering his Ticker Punch. Otherwise, use the strategy for #3 which is simply to keep an eye for uppercuts, counter the first punch, dodge the second, then use the stun-and-Star combo again.
- Defeat Von Kaiser using only 5 punches!
- There is a precise plan to pulling this one off. You must counter his first three punches (earning a Star each time), then dodge his fourth punch and reply with one jab to stun him. After recovering, he'll go into his "Mommy?" pose. As the Knockdown Opportunities notes, uncork at this point with all three Stars and you'll score the KO on the fifth punch.