This page needs to be wikified It needs to be re-written with wikimarkup and laid out correctly according to the editing guidelines. If you can wikify this page, please talk page., or help by discussing possible changes on the
In the world of ROSE Online, there are many different species of monsters each with different abilities.
 Monster Ranks
All monsters in ROSE Online are classed into different ranks. They are shown below:
- Minions are the weakest with little or no skills, they are identified by the red monster miniavatar near their name.
- Guards are slightly stronger and have some special abilities namely buffs, they can be identified by a green circle with a miniskull avatar next to their name.
- Fighters are the stronger versions of guards which have the ability to use buffs like their lesser counterpart. Whilst their HP values are somewhat similar, their damage is enhanced. They are identifie by one sword next to their name.
- Warriors are the much stronger versions of fighters and have the ability to dish out high melee damage along with fairly high HP, they are identified by two miniture crossed swords next to their name.
- Rangers are ranged and do slightly more damage than warriors but their HP isn't as high, they can be identified by a bow avatar next to their name.
- Hunters are the advanced version of rangers. Like their lesser counterpart, their HP is rather low but their attack is greatly enhanced. They can be identified by a bow with an arrow avatar next to their name.
- Mages are a unique and uncommon monster rank and as their name states, they have the ability to cast spells either with buffs or offensive spells. Their damage like hunters are quite formidable whereas they have fairly low HP. They are identified by a staff avatar next to their name.
- Leaders are the semibosses thus possessing above average HP and damage values. Unlike Kings, they have a fairly high spawn. They are identified by the bronze gold star next to their name.
- Captains are slightly stronger versions of Leaders possessing high HP and more attack. They can be identified by a silver star next to their name.
- Kings are the 'Bosses' in ROSE Online possessing superior HP and high damage values. Unlike Leaders and Captains, they only have 2 to 5 spawns in one map. Some of these must be hunted for certain quests. They are identified by a shiny gold star next to their name and most of these are generally huge.
 Monster Difficulty
Monsters are also ranked in difficulty towards players and can be determined by the colour of their name.
- Purple Names: AVOID THOSE AT ALL COSTS! These monsters are more than 10 levels higher than you and most can be horrifically strong if you do not know what you're doing. They do however have a very high drop rate sometimes dropping rare equips when hunted. Best to hunt these in a party.
- Red Names: These monsters are classified as hard and often around 5-10 levels higher than you. They have a very high drop rate however.
- Green Names: These are your average monsters strongly recommended to hunt. The level range is classified between 5 levels lower than you to 5 levels higher than you. These have a decent drop rate but not as good as the red named monsters.
- Blue Names: These monsters around 5 to 10 levels lower than you are classified as weak monsters thus easy to take on. Their drop rate however is absolutely horrible rarely dropping anything. If you plan to hunt equips/materials, don't bother hunt those, not worth it.
- White Names: The worst of the worst. These monsters are classified as 10 levels lower than you. These do not give any exp (or maybe a little). They are so weak that drop rate is a 0%. Don't bother hunt them, a major waste of time.
 Monster Kinds
Here are the links to the monster types sorted by levels.