Resident Evil 4/Items
There are a lot of items that you can collect throughout the game. They can be found in barrels, boxes or vases, lying around the map or dropped by enemies.
Ammo cannot be bought, so you must conserve it. Here is the list of ammo and the guns that they are compatible with. Most ammo takes up 2 squares in the inventory.
- Main Game - Leon
- Handgun Ammo - Can be used with the Handgun, Punisher, Red9, Blacktail and the Matilda(On the PS2 version it can be bought after beating the main game(any difficultly))
- Shotgun Shells - Can be used with the Shotgun, Riot Gun and the Striker
- TMP Ammo - Can be used with the TMP
- Mine Darts - Can be used with the Mine Thrower
- Magnum Ammo - Can be used with the Broken Butterfly or Killer7
- Rifle Ammo - Can be used with Rifle and the Semi-Auto Rifle
- Handcannon Ammo - Can be used with the Handcannon
- Separate Ways - Ada
- Bowgun Bolts - Can be used with the Bowgun
Health is essential for surviving. It comes in two forms, Herbs and First Aid Sprays. Herbs can be mixed to provide more heath and even boost your overall health.
- Green Herb - Small amount of health.
- Yellow Herb - Must be mixed (+5% overall health)
- Red Herb - Must be mixed (full health
- First Aid Spray - Full Health
Here are the mixtures of Herbs and their effects.
- Green + Green - 2x Green Herb
- Green + Green + Green - Full health
- Green + Yellow - Small amount of health plus a permanent increase in overall health by about 5%
- Green + Red - Full health
- Red + Yellow - Must be mixed with Green Herb
- Green + Yellow + Red - Full health plus a permanent increase in overall health by about 5%
On some levels, chickens will lay eggs that can be eaten to restore health. There are regular eggs as well as gold eggs that restore all your health, no matter how big your lifebar is. The egg only takes up one space, making a gold egg a very valuable item. Snakes will also leave behind eggs if killed.
On some levels, fish can be shot from the water. They can be eaten for health or sold for 2300 Pesetas for large fish, but they generally take up a lot of space.
As you go, you will encounter gems and treasures. These can be collected and sold to merchants for Pesetas. Some treasures like the Beerstein or the Elegant Mask have places where small gems can be inserted, raising its value.
Other times, you will find pendants suspended over pools of dirty water. You can shoot them down to collect them to sell, but if they fall into the water, the value will drop tremendously. The proper procedure to collect these cleanly is to shoot the wooden dowel that holds up a board near the water. It will fall over it and allow you to collect the pendant without it getting dirty.
NOTE: It is also possible to shoot the pendant down and grab it, but the timing is exceedingly difficult.