Super Mario 64/Big Boo's Haunt
This article could use a cleanup in order to be more legible and/or presentable. Please help improve this article in any way possible. Remember to follow our editing guidelines when improving existing articles. If you can improve this page, please talk page., or help by discussing possible changes on the
- Location: Outside in the courtyard. Find the stairs going to the basement and follow the hallway across from them. Kill the lone ghost on the left of the courtyard, and hop in to the cage.
- Description: Big mansion filled with ghosts, eyes, and a merry-go-round.
Big Boo's Haunt is the fifth course. Once you collect at least 12 stars (15 in Super Mario 64 DS), enter one of the wooden doors on the left or right side of the staircase on the first floor, then follow the Boo down the hallway and into the courtyard. After that, go to the far left corner and defeat the large Boo there. To defeat Boos you must ground pound them (jump over them and hit Z while in the air). Then walk into the cage to enter Big Boo's Haunt.
 Star 1: Go On a Ghost Hunt
In this level, the objective is to kill all of the boos. Before you can face the final big boo, you will have to kill all of the smaller ones.
First go round the back of the mansion and enter the back door and kill the two boos in that room then enter the building from the front. Next, enter the second door on the right, and defeat the two Boos in the room. After that, leave the room and enter the leftmost room on the rear wall and defeat the Boo in there. Then, go in the other door on the rear wall, defeat the Boo in there, move on to the next room and defeat the Boo in that room, then go back to the large main room. It takes three hits to beat the big Boo. Each time you hit him he will become smaller and faster. After you have defeated him, the staircase will rise and lead to the first star in this level.
 Star 2: Ride Big Boo's Merry-go-round
After entering the course, enter the smaller building and go into the room with the spinning floor. If you enter through the top door, the five Boos will arrive through the painting to Mario's right. Punch all the Boos from behind to defeat them, before finally fighting the big boo in the same way you did above. Watch out for the painting in the middle of the right wall, as it shoots out flames.
 Star 3: Secret Of The Haunted Books
Enter the mansion. Go up the stairs and make a left. Enter the 1st door on the left wall. Avoid the flying books while running to the end of the shelf. Turn right and run to the end. At the end are three books. Punch them in this order: top, right, left. The bookcase will slide open to reveal a door. Go through the door and there is your star.
If you hit the books in the wrong order, the puzzle will reset and a book will fly out from a shelf to attack.
 Star 4: Seek The 8 Red Coins
Get all 8 red coins. Look all inside the house. Be sure to go upstairs and downstairs.
- Coin 1: Go to the main door of the castle and enter it. After Coming Inside, Make a quick left to the first door. When In The room, you will see a piano. Go close to the piano, and it will try to attack you. When the piano is moved, there will be a coin in the place it originally was.
- Coins 2 and 3: Go to the door in the room you are currently in (The Piano Room) that is visible straight in front of red coin #1. As soon as you enter the room, jump on top of both of the bookcases in the room. You will now have 3 coins.
- Coin 4: Leave the bookcase room. go to the door on the other side of the big entrance room. There should only be on door on this wall. Enter it and proceed to get the red coin on the little platform near where a ghost should be. Thiis platform has a window shining right on it.
- Coin 5: Leave the room, and then go up the stairs leading to the second story. When you reach the second story, go directly to your right- the last door on the right. Enter the room. You should see a wall of 2 bookcases. Go to the end of the bookcases. As you are going along the bookcases, two books will most likely try to attack you. Behind the bookcase is a red coin. Get it, but be careful of the moving floor. If you fall, you will have to make your way up to the mansion again. You can identify the moving floor by looking for a crack near the coin.
- Coins 6 and 7: After you leave the room, go to the door directly to the left of the door you just left. You will come into a small space with a floating eyeball. Kill it if you would like to. Go into the bigger room connected to the small space, and search the coffins for red coins. The two coins can be found under the front-right coffin and center-left coffin.
- Coin 8: After leaving 'the coffin room', go to the next room directly left of that as well. You should be in a room above the floating eye and a ghost. There will be red wire stretched across much of the floor. Make your way to the directly opposite wall from the door, where there is a coin. Hopefully now, you will hear the 'star sound'.
The star is located on the left side of the entrance room on the second story right under a window. Grab it. Congratulations, you got another star!
 Star 5: Big Boo's Balcony
Go to the second floor and go through the door on the right. If you look around in this room, you will see a second balcony. Use the power flower box or, if you haven't got to the switch yet, wall kick up there. If you go out the door to the balcony, there will be another big boo. Hit him three times, then get the ? box next to you, or long jump across and climb the roof to get to the star. Use first person to help you walk and jump as some of the walkways are thin and easy to slip from.
 Star 6: Eye To Eye In The Secret Room
Get to the balcony where the blue cap box is, and get it. Go up to the room where the door to big boo's balcony is, and go through the picture of the ghost. When you return to normal, run around the eyeball for the star.
 Star 7: Switch Star in the Basement (Nintendo DS)
You must turn into Wario to do turn the switch. The black bricks in the basement reveal the switch. Run through the outside of the basement merry go round in time to get the star.
 Star 7: 100 Coins
Collect 100 coins in total from the ghosts, the munching books, the eyeballs (run around them 720 degrees), and the blue coin box. There are 21 blue coins in this level. The coins do not have to be blue. Don't overlook the area around the castle, or in the basement out of the outdoor building
 Super Mario 64 DS: Saving Luigi
As Mario (as he is pretty much the only character with access to the mansion before you get Luigi), enter the mansion from its front entrance. Triple jump and dive on to the second floor if you haven't got the first star. If you have, use the stairs. Go into the door on your farthest right. Jump onto the secret attic area. There is a picture of Luigi. Jump in. Now, go into these corresponding ways: right, left, right, left and up. Go down the hole. If it doesn't work out at first, get really close to the doors and if you can hear the music from the first room, don't go through it. Walk up to the mirror. Your reflection will turn into Luigi. Defeat the King Boo (or Big Boo, as the area states) by attacking him three times. You don't have to use any special move to defeat him. Grab the Luigi key.
 List of Coins
The following is a list of all 151 coins you can get in Big Boo's Haunt:
- Yellow Coins — 30 Coins
- Around back of the castle is a ! block (10 coins).
- Two breakable blocks can be found outside the castle (6 coins).
- Three scuttle bugs (9 coins).
- One crazy box (5 coins).
- Red coins — 16 Coins
- Eight red coins (16 coins).
- Blue coins — 105 Coins
- On the third floor inside the house is a block with four coins (20 coins).
- Eleven Boo Buddies (55 coins)
- Three bookends (15 coins)
- Three Mr. Is (15 coins)
 1up Locations
The following is where to find both green mushrooms:
- On top of the shed outside.
- On top of the house in a ! block.