Super Mario World/Forest Fortress
Before you enter this castle, you should probably uncover all four Switch Palaces first.
- Part 1
- This room scrolls automatically, and you will need to avoid the huge "mallets" that will come down at you.
- You will also need to avoid Grinders attached to the wires!
- Part 2
- You will need to avoid detached Grinders in this room! They are more of a hassle because they can bounce back from walls and chase you.
- When you have cleared that area, beware of the falling spikes!
- Beware of Bowser Statues that can breathe fire at you!
- Part 3 (Reznor's Room)
- See Bosses for details on Reznor.
Near the end of the level, when you see the first big red door, jump up to the grey ledge and proceed to the right. It is extremely tricky, but if you can demonstrate top-notch flying skills by flying over the long lava pit to the right, you'll earn nine 1-Up mushrooms!
If you touch the jumping flames, you'll fall in the lava and lose a life. The key to getting over the pit without hitting the jumping flames is to keep Mario as close to the ceiling as possible. Press the back key as soon as Mario's head dips downward to boost him up again. An alternate method is to use a flying spin and then while spinning bounce from fireball to fireball. You might need to experiment a little to get the timing just right. It's tricky, but you'll be rewarded!