Super Mario World/Ludwig's Castle
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Part 1
- If you don't already have a spare power-up, pick up the mushroom to the right of the door to Part 2.
- Part 2
- As soon as you get through the door, run. There's a spiked ceiling rushing down. As soon as the ceiling is just above the ON switch, turn it OFF. Dodge the Thwomps and fireballs.
- The ceiling will come down again, and the path between the lava pit and the safety zone is huge! Dash extra quickly!
- Part 3
- This room is similar to Part 1 of Iggy's Castle, but this time you advance vertically.
- Hit the Koopas on the fences. Move to the right for a "?" block with a cape (or a mushroom if you're small).
- You will need to jump from one fence to another this time. However, you can still score a 1-Up by disrupting fence Koopas. Jump some more fences until you get to the final door.
- Part 4 (Ludwig's Room)
- This room is two screens wide, so at first you won't see Ludwig.
- Dodge his fire balls and jump on him. He'll retreat into his shell and jump.
- If you're short on time, or if you don't like to waste time, make sure Ludwig doesn't go halfway offscreen. After he jumps, repeat the process 3 times until he is defeated.