Super Mario World/Yoshi's Island 1
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Yoshi's Island 1
|Exit||Yellow Switch Palace|
|Time at Start||300|
Yoshi's Island 1 is the first level on Yoshi's Island.
- Your first enemy is a Koopa who slides down to you. Simply stomp on him to take him out.
- When you go forward you'll encounter large Banzai Bills. You have two options: for one, you could just stomp on them to take them out. The other option is ducking to avoid them (of course, if you're small Mario, you do not need to duck).
- Jump at the floating question mark when you see it. You get either a Super Mushroom, or if you are already big Mario, a Fire Flower.
- After the first hill, run to the blue pipe while avoiding or defeating the Rexes. Behind one of the bushes, a mushroom is hiding which will be uncovered when you run past it.
- One of the pipes is covered by turn blocks. Spin jump on them to destroy them and get into the pipe which will lead you to a small bonus area.
- When you see a lone Koopa shell lying around, look up to see a turn block. Kick the shell up to it to reveal a 1-up mushroom.
- When you see a formation of three turn blocks, hit the ? block above them for a Fire Flower.
- At the end, jump over the Clapin' Chuck and get to the goal tape to finish this level.
 Bonus area
- There is not much to find here, just six coins and Dragon Coin #3. Exit the level and you'll be shot out of the second diagonal pipe, just in front of the midway tape.
 Dragon Coin locations
The five Dragon Coins in this level are located as follows:
- Right behind the first slope where the Koopa slides down from.
- After the first hill, behind the last of the three slopes.
- Inside the bonus area, covered by a few turn blocks.
- On top of the hill just after the first message block.
- Right before the goal tape.