Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Olimar
Olimar, while a smaller character, can really pack a punch. Here are several tips on succeeding with him:
- Always have Pikmin harvested. Without Pikmin, Olimar is weak and vulnerable.
- Different Pikmin have different abilities. Use the blue for smashing and throwing. Use the red and yellow for up-smashing and throwing. White will do the most damage, so save those. Purple are only good for smashing. Don't throw them: they only go a few inches.
- Try to get opponents above 70% before you try any KO smashes because most of his attacks are not strong.
- When thrown/kicked off, bring up a purple Pikmin and throw it at enemies who are edge-hogging. This will knock them off so that you can grab the edge. Just make sure you have enough to use the chain recovery.
The best Olimar users know which Pikmin do what, and what they're best used for. They use Pikmin order to arrange their Pikmin the way they want them, and if they don't have time to, they suit their attacks to the Pikmin being used. There is a list of all of them below.
 Red Pikmin
- High attack power
- Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
- Immune to fire
- Cannot swim
- Deals fire damage
Obviously used for Pikmin throw.
 Yellow Pikmin
- Range of attack slightly larger than usual; easy to hit enemies with
- Travel in slight arcs when thrown
- Attacks imbued with electrical properties
- Small amount of hitstun; good for "combos"
Flies further than the others so used to hit opponents very far away.
 Blue Pikmin
- Strong when thrown
- Slightly more durable than average
- Used for grab attacks, causes a significantly stronger throw
- Only pikmin that can swim in water
Defiantly used for Pikmin throw, not just because it's strong when thrown, but because it's more durable so it can withstand more that's thrown at it.
 Purple Pikmin
- Doesn’t fly far when thrown
- High attack power
- Slams into enemies instead of latching on when thrown
Not used for Pikmin throw as much, best for Smash attacks and throws.
 White Pikmin
- Quick and light
- When latched onto opponent, poison does additional damage.
Very very good for Pikmin throw, but slightly rarer than the others. Poison is good to start off a match, it can do a lot of damage without you having to think twice.
 Standard Attacks
 Smash Attacks
 Pummels and Throws
Olimar grabs and throws with his pikmin. Purple Pikmin goes a laughable distance while White, Red and Blue Pikmin gives him the longest grab range in the game.
 Air Attacks
 Special Attacks
|Wii Remote + Nunchuk||Wii Remote (sideways)||Wii Classic Controller||GameCube Controller||Taunt|
|He hops up and down.|
|+||( or )+||or||or||He drops to the ground and rolls around.|
|+||He does a little dance.|
 Final Smash
End of Day: Captain Olimar prepares for the night. He rides his ship into space and wild creatures start attacking the ones who stayed behind. On lift off, if someone is under Olimar, they get pit-falled. The more people the more damage, but that doesn't mean another enemy can't steal your KOs. When time's over, your ship crashes in the stage making a huge explosion. If you are lucky enough you may crash on somebody. This Final Snash can also affect a team player since it involves moving the screen away from the main stage. This means in a team battle, teammates will get hoop damage from being offscreen, even when Friendly Fire is off.