Talk:The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Untill this section is complete some external reference materials may be handy.
Alright so there's no getting started section and we are missing:
- Info on Rupees
- Easily added to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Items
- Info on game engine (physics, getting hit, delays)
- Personally, I think this plays an extraordinarily small role in the game since combat is generally very quick and intuitive, but if you really think it's necessary, go for it.
- Info on how much damage each enemy's attack deals and how much health they each have
- Uh... Have you simply failed to notice any of the tables in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Light_World_Enemies and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Dark_World_Enemies???
- Organized item list (alphabatized, sections etc.)
- Make the item list sortable.
- Additional info on the flute/duck (being able to avoid it, timing involved)
- o_O What possible value would that add? I say put it in Glitches if you really think it's necessary.
- Comments interspersed... No offense NMH, but that is a strange list. Procyon (Talk) 14:22, 7 September 2007 (CDT)
 Blank space
On IE7, this page has a ton of white space before the disambig template shows up. It shows up right at the end of the infobox, where the ZeldaWiki template begins. Is there an easy fix to this? Note: Normally I use FireFox, but I'm on a different computer right now.--DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs 17:19, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
- Update: It seems to be on all pages (just checked Mega Man 9).--DukeRuckleyTalk | Contribs 17:40, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
 Enemy names
While comparing consistency between here and Zelda Wiki.org, I've noticed several differences. ZW has people looking for any use of a name for most of the early enemies, by policy puts the English names as the article names, and needs sources on many. One of the few that I found a source for was Pengator, which is labeled as Pentagator here. The source is the dreaded Legendofzelda.com's encyclopedia. If you guys have a better source for them, then major changes will be underway at ZW. Bear in mind, most of my work here will be on the uncreated Kirby games, but I do plan to keep SW and WK consistent. (I think I'm most annoying when I first join a wiki, but once I know all of the ins and outs, I'm good). Axiomist 06:13, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- I was largely responsible for that, although other users have come along and made some changes. I based most of the names on what I believe was the official Japanese guides for the game (two books, red and green). In some cases, I deviated if I felt the English name was much more common, like the Pengator, which I admit I may have made a mistake on. The Japanese name was ファンギン of Fangin (possibly Fanguin). Unfortunately, the American guide has no bestiary. At the moment, I can't recall the specific source the lead to "Pentagator." If I can remember, I will reference my source here. Procyon 14:19, 13 July 2010 (UTC)