Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (arcade)/Enemies
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
The majority of the enemies the Turtles must face are the Foot Soldiers. They wear a different colored uniform depending on what weapon they have. Below is a complete of list of enemies from the arcade version:
 Foot soldiers
- Purple: They are the most common enemy in the game. They can either be either unarmed or carry weapons such as a spear or a missile. Occasionally, they hide in the background and throw a small stick of dynamite at the Turtles before coming in and fighting them in hand-to-hand combat. Unarmed soldiers usually jump-kick their way onto the screen, and they can punch the Turtles and grab them by the shoulders causing the Turtles to lose their energy. Players must wiggle the joystick and hit the buttons to free themselves. Spear soldiers first appear in the “Parking Garage” level, and are possibly the hardest normal enemy in the game. They attack by either jabbing the Turtles up close or by throwing them at a great distance. They do not throw the spear too often. When a spear soldier throws it, he becomes an unarmed soldier. Unfortunately, there is no way to deflect the spear. The missile soldiers only appear on the Highway level. They carry a missile over their head and aim for the Turtles by throwing them, causing major damage. After that, they become unarmed foot soldiers. They also appear from a manhole armed with the manhole cover which they throw as a frisbee, this however can be deflected back at the Foot Soldier, killing him instantly.
- White: These soldiers are either armed with knives or a katana. The knife soldiers have an unlimited number of knives and they can either throw them across the screen or stab the Turtles from up close. The knives can be deflected. The katana soldiers either slash the Turtles or perform an aerial attack (jumping up and landing down with a slash). The aerial attack is not used often. Overall, the white soldiers are a common enemy in the game. White Foot Soldiers also have a blue tone to their clothes.
- Orange: These soldiers are either armed with shuriken (ninja stars) or starting in the second part of level 1, a machine gun. The ninja star soldiers are easy to kill and their stars can be deflected. The machine gun soldiers are harder. They shoot a spray of bullets at a good distance. Also, they gun-butt the Turtles from up close. The best way to kill these types of soldiers is to jump-kick or use a special attack. Overall, these soldiers are fairly common.
- Yellow: These soldiers are always armed with boomerangs. They throw a boomerang at a long distance and must stand still to catch it. The boomerangs can be deflected like the ninja stars and the knives. They can also use hand-to-hand combat from up close. The frequency of these soldiers is moderate.
- Pink: These soldiers always carry a sledgehammer. Even though they are slow, their attack can cause major damage to the Turtles. Luckily, if they miss, they take a second to lift their hammers up and attack again. Attacks such as a throw or one-hit special are effective on them. They do not appear too often in the game. These soldiers mainly appear on the Skateboarding stage (although like the white Foot Soldier, have a blue tint to their clothes) but they make a tiny cameo in the Warehouse stage. They carry a green machine gun similar to the Orange ones or a fan. The Fan soldiers attack by sending out three waves at the Turtles from a distance. The Turtles should come up close to kill these kinds of soldiers. They also pilot helicopters that fire machine guns and drop bombs.
 Other enemies
- Roadkill Rodney: These enemies appear by drilling themselves up from the ground. They have the same two attacks: laser guns and an electric lasso. The electric lasso stuns the Turtles for a short period of time slowly taking away their energy so the Turtles have to hit the buttons and the joystick as fast as possible to let go. They take more hits to be defeated than a Foot Soldier.
- Mousers: The Mousers are created by Baxter Stockman. They appear in the Sewers and Factory levels. They only have one attack: bite the Turtles by latching onto their arms and slowly taking away their energy. There is also an upgraded version (slightly more powerful) released from a machine driven by Baxter Stockman.
- Tubular Transport: An overgrown, mechanical mosquito equipped with a turtle zapping laser gun. They are small and are aero based enemies. They only appear on the Rock Quarry Factory level and emerge from a module in a pack of around 15.
- Artillery Mechanism: These mechanisms appear in the Factory and Technodrome levels. They move up and down firing a constant barrage of lasers at the Turtles.
- Helicopters: The foot soldiers control these only in the Skateboarding Level. They come in two forms: either by shooting a spray of bullets or dropping bombs from the compartment.