The Godfather: The Game/Compound
This page needs to be split into subpages. separate into two pages, or if similar enough, use sidebars
Please add some links to the Table of Contents and split this page to separate pages, then remove this template.
This part of the game is really the hardest part to get through. Its very similar to warehouses and hubs but this team they take no prisoners. If you own a PS2, Xbox and PC the compounds should be close to identical. But if you own an Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii the compounds should be very different. You can do this any time but its highly recommended to do the following things:
- Become the Don so you can hire a top bodyguard. It's available to Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.
- Bribe the cops. You can bribe the police chief on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii
- Call in your squad. Exclusive to PS3 and Wii.
- Have upgraded your health levels so you can last in the heat of the battle.
- Upgraded all different handgun types up to level 3.
- Have a full supply of weapons and bombs.
For the difficulty of conquering the compounds here is the order from the lowest to the highest level of intensity:
- Tattaglia's compound is similar to the Corleones. It's located on the north of Brooklyn. To make up for their weakness, they'll delay you with a pile of cars blocking your entry to the compound. They'll also primarily uses handguns so it won't be a major challenge to deal with.
- Stracci's compound is located in the west of New Jersey. Their compound is easy to get in but the size that you have to run between to major departments can be tough if you're the sneaky type. The most unique part is by the north near part of their place is full of brick layers scattered around. Magnums would be primarily be more powerful than handguns so sharp shooting is the order of the day.
- Cuneo's compound is located on the north of Hell's Kitchen. If you try to go the normal way, you have to be wary that the fire explosives has been scattered on the entrance followed by a large area of open space which makes you volatile to gunfire. A dangerous alternative is to go through the whole railyard just to avoid all the bloodshed. Shotguns are their primary strength so quick reflexes are needed to get through into the compound.
- Barzini's compound is located on the north of Midtown. Be prepared to upgrade to the top of the level because you're going to deal with an army of tommy guns and you need to be fearless enough to break through their fleet. Even though the first house department is similar to the Corleons the very next place is extremely familiar to the mission "Horseplay" except there is no horses to spoil the fun.
Special note: These compounds are based on the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. The PS2, Xbox and PC have very identical compounds but with the different way of entry. If you own the PS2, Xbox and PC you have to use stealth, crouch and maybe hand to hand combat to work your way into the compound. The most likely thing you should do the most is to blow up the cars and explosives especially near enemies that comes close to it to save time and have a breather if it becomes overwhelming. Be ready if there was any parked cars around, especially in transport areas. If you own the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, it will relieve you if you are well prepared to take your squad in but you must work with them if you want them to survive. If you have them around, you don't have to worry about stealth and it will help level the playing field. Now don't forget to upgrade your health, RPG style because if you can't survive even after a few minutes than you have throw in the points to help you survive a little longer to live. You'll benefit greatly if your health regenerates to at least 60%.