After you start the game and watch the intro, you should see the main screen. Along the right edge are four boxes. You'll eventually have four people in your party that correspond to each box, but for now, only the first is in use, since you start out alone. The numbers represent your current HP (hit points) and the total HP you can have; the second set is your current and total MP (magic points). The four icons that go across the bottom of each box are actually only used during battles, so you'll need to consult that part for more info.
- : Talks to townspeople, examines items, selects choices in camp
- : Cancels selection
- : Stats/Inventory
At any time when you're not in a battle, press to camp. Use and to select the character that you want to deal with, and press to confirm. You'll then see their square turn into four icons. Below is what they mean and how to use them.
The item icon looks like a potion and has the following commands associated with it:
- Use: Looks like a potion. Uses an item from that person's inventory.
- Equip: Looks like an arm wearing armor. Equips that person with armor, weapon, etc. from their inventory.
- Give: Looks like a hand. Gives an item from that person's inventory to another party member.
- Drop: Looks like a sword. Gets rid of an item permanently.
Unlike most RPGs, which have an option to take off a weapon or piece of armor, Traysia has no unequip command. To unequip something, have a character "give" it to himself or herself.
The magic icon looks like a staff. It uses a magic spell that that person has learned.
The stats icon looks like a cystal ball. It shows a screen with all that character's statistics and attributes. See the next section for an explanation of stats.
The talk icon looks like a question mark. When this is chosen, the characters in your party will talk about the situation at hand. This may help you if you're stuck and don't know what to do next.