From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- : move around; perform a Wild Swing-Ding.
- : pan the camera. In most cases this is only a slight tilt. In levels accessed via trapdoor or Unithorn's Lair this can pan the camera a full 90 degrees.
- : jump. During a Dash this will perform a Corkscrew Conk that is effective against flying enemies and used to perform long jumps.
- : throw punches and pick up objects. While holding an object, hold until fully charged to perform a Mega Toss.'
- /: performs Hyper Suction, allowing Wario to suck up any loose coins that are nearby. Does not work on coins placed throughout a stage. Can suck up loose coins that are above or below.
- : performs either a Dash (on the ground), or a butt slam (in the air). If holding an enemy, in the air this performs a Piledriver.
- : pause the game and display the item screen.
Special Combat Moves
- Mega Toss: while holding an enemy, hold until Wario is glowing blue, tilted backwards, and doesn't seem to be charging any longer. Release the enemy and they will go flying until they hit a wall - in some cases sliding down into a pit never to be seen again. This move is the most vital in the game, as it is the only one that will guarantee a hit against a boss (all other normal and powerful attacks will do nothing besides stun them or get you coins).
- Wild Swing-Ding: while holding an enemy or object, rotate the in one direction. In some cases this must be performed in a specific direction to affect certain objects (Swirly Slabs and Swirly Spinners). After rotating the control stick to make Wario spin around several times, he will glow blue and continue spinning automatically. At this time you can use to move Wario while spinning - this is very handy when facing enemies in Battle Rings.
- Piledriver: while holding an enemy, jump into the air () then press . Instead of a butt slam, Wario will spin around in mid air a few times before slamming his enemy into the ground. This is very useful for attacking enemies one time around you, attacking objects slightly above Wario's peak jump height, and gaining access to Steel Trapdoors.