Ultimate Talent Development Plan (超高校級の才能育成計画 Chō kōkō kyū no Sainō ikusei keikaku?, lit. Super High School Level Development Plan) is a bonus mode unlocked after completing the main game. Here, the cards from the Ultimate Death Card Machine can be used to go across a game board featuring a variety of squares meant to develop the card in preparation for Despair Dungeon: Monokuma's Test. After selecting a card and a course (see below for a list of courses), the game begins with the roll of a die. Choose between a large move or a small move, depending on the distance that appears the most fruitful. The character represented by the card can then land on one of the following squares:
- Friendly squares lead into a friendship event with another student that provides stat boosts.
- Growth squares increase the card's level. There is also a x2 variation of these squares that greatly increase the card's level.
- Talent squares allow a roll to obtain red, green, or blue Talent Fragments. Those Fragments can then be spent on Skills that the character can learn and upgrade. There is also a x2 variation of these squares that allow for the collection of additional Fragments.
- Event squares lead into an event that results in varying stat boosts, depending on the choice made.
- Despair squares decrease the card's attributes.
Occasionally, the Monokubs will offer to perform surgery on the chosen character. Surgery success results in a major stat boost, while failure causes a considerable drop. If leaving this up to fate doesn't seem tempting, save before going through with the surgery in case it goes wrong, and reload that save until the desired effects are achieved (with a 50% chance of success, this shouldn't take too long). Additionally, yearly events occur that provide a choice. The color of Fragments obtained from the event depend on the choice made, though these differ for each character.
Other characters can also be seen standing on squares. If one of these squares are landed on, that character will provide both a stat boost and a Card, which may be used on a future turn. A list of Cards, their effects, and the characters that provide them can be seen below.
|Course Change||Lands the character on a square in a different course.||Hiyoko Saionji, Korekiyo Shinguji, Leon Kuwata|
|Double Move||The number rolled on the die or determined by a Card is doubled.||Junko Enoshima, Junko Enoshima (Mukuro), Monomi, Nekomaru Nidai, Sakura Ogami, Tenko Chabashira|
|Double Square||The value provided by the next square is doubled.||Byakuya Togami (Imposter), Celestia Ludenberg, Kokichi Oma, Monokuma, Usami|
|Encounter||The character keeps moving until they encounter another character.||Chihiro Fujisaki, Gundham Tanaka|
|Goodbye||Swap the character's placement on the board with another character.||Ryoma Hoshi, Yasuhiro Hagakure|
|High Jump||The character jumps to another square.||Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, Genocide Jack, Kaito Momota, Sonia Nevermind|
|Hope||The character's stats are protected if they land on a Despair square.||K1-B0, Nagito Komaeda|
|Move 0||Moves the character 0 squares forward.||Chiaki Nanami, Himiko Yumeno, Toko Fukawa|
|Move 1||Moves the character 1 square forward.||Angie Yonaga, Kazuichi Soda, Makoto Naegi|
|Move 2||Moves the character 2 squares forward.||Hajime Hinata, Kiyotaka Ishimaru, Rantaro Amami|
|Move 3||Moves the character 3 squares forward.||Kaede Akamatsu, Kyoko Kirigiri, Shuichi Saihara|
|Move 4||Moves the character 4 squares forward.||Aoi Asahina, Ibuki Mioda, Tsumugi Shirogane|
|Move 5||Moves the character 5 squares forward.||Maki Harukawa, Sayaka Maizono, Teruteru Hanamura|
|Move 6||Moves the character 6 squares forward.||Hifumi Yamada, Kirumi Tojo, Mahiru Koizumi|
|Straight||The character keeps moving straight until they reach a turn in the board.||Akane Owari, Gonta Gokuhara, Mondo Owada, Peko Pekoyama|
|Success||Guarantees a successful surgery by the Monokubs.||Byakuya Togami, Izuru Kamakura, Mikan Tsumiki, Miu Iruma|
There are four courses to choose from in Ultimate Talent Development Plan, each with their own specialties. A hidden fifth course, the Despair Course, can only be accessed if the player character does not reach the goal before year-end. It shares an appearance with the Normal Course, with the exception of an increase in Despair squares. The courses that can be selected are as follows:
- Normal Course: Presents the greatest diversity in squares, with opportunities for friendship, growth, and talent acquisition.
- Talent Course: Places emphasis on farming Talent fragments, thus allowing the card to learn a variety of skills and increase their effectiveness by leveling them.
- Friendship Course: Presents a greater amount of Friendly squares and encounters with other characters on the board.
- Future Course: Unlocks after the Super Lucky Button is purchased at the Casino, and presents the easiest path to graduation. It features characters from the anime Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School.