Austria was a very influential European nation formed around the 13th century under the rule of the Hadsburg monarchy. Austria is led by Maria Theresa, the queen of the Hadsburg Empire. Austria is an interesting civilization to play as due to their Unique Ability that lets them expand their territory without suffering from the usual diplomatic penalties for doing so. Their remaining components either help Austria generate useful Great Persons or defend their land.
- Diplomatic Marriage - Can spend Gold to annex or puppet a City State after being their ally for five turns.
- Cost: 250 Production
- Maintenance: 2 Gold per turn
- +2 Production, +5% Production and +25% Great Person generation
- 1 Engineer specialist slot
- Prerequisites: Economics Technology
- Replaces Windmill
- +5% universal Production boost instead of +10% building Production boost, Can be built in cities founded on Hills
- Cost: 225 Production
- Type: Mounted
- Combat Strength: 34
- Movement Points: 5
- No defensive bonuses, can move after attacking, 33% combat penalty attacking cities
- Prerequisites: 1 Horse, Military Science technology
- Obsolete with: Combustion technology
- Upgrades into: Landship
- Replaces Cavalry
- +1 Combat Strength, +1 Movement Point, +1 Sight and 50% combat bonus when flanking
Austria is suited for any kind of victory.
Austria is a balanced civilization to play as so your polices can be whatever fits your play-style. Although you might want to invest into the first 3 polices for Patronage to make it easier to buy the city states.