7'scarlet's route order is somewhat strict compared to most other otome games, in particular due to the ways in which different portions of the town's mysteries are revealed throughout different routes. It can be played as follows:
- Hino Kagutsuchi or Isora Amari are both unlocked from the start, though Hino is recommended as the first route.
- Toa Kushinada becomes available when either Hino or Isora are cleared, though it is recommended that he be played after both initially unlocked routes.
- Sosuke Tatehira becomes available when any two routes are cleared. However, it is recommended that he be played after Toa.
- Yuzuki Murakumo becomes available once all previously-listed routes are cleared.
- The True Route becomes available once all previously-listed routes are cleared, including Yuzuki.
- Hanate Yatsukami becomes available once all previously-listed routes are cleared, including the True Route.
Additionally, all routes have bad endings, normal endings, and good endings, with the exception of the True Route and Hanate. However, of all bad endings, only Hino's first gives a Tip. Additionally, only certain normal endings give CGs. On the other hand, all good endings are necessary, as they guarantee a CG. Simply select the choices listed and save when instructed in order to reveal all secrets the game has to offer.