After reaching Opening Chi 1, the player can then choose a role in the clan. They all go by different names but they fall into 4 distinct classes:
- Warrior: Warriors are the masters of their clan's main weapon. They are the first to rush into combat, and all of their skills are centered around dealing direct damage to the opponent. They emphasize Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength, while Essence is harder for them to develop.
- Healer: The healer of a clan uses their clan's secondary weapon, but their abilities focus more on buffing and healing other members. As the Hybrid has the same basic abilities as they do, the Healer is able to heal external and internal injuries, while the Hybrid cannot. They emphasize Essence and Wisdom, while Constitution is harder for them to develop.
- Nuker: The nuker is a specialist in the Chi Kung arts handed down in their clan. They focus on dealing long-range damage to their target, and the majority of their skills can do quite a bit of damage. They emphasize Essence and Wisdom, while Strength is hard for them to develop. They are ill-suited to melee combat.
- Hybrid: The Hybrid is an army unto themselves; they learn a bit of every art passed down in their clan, from secondary clan weapon usage to Chi Kung attacks and buffing and healing. They emphasize Constitution and Essence, while Wisdom is harder for them to develop.
These are the unique names each clan has for each role:
|White Clans||Shaolin||Luohan Monk||Warrior||Polearms (cudgels and spades)|
|Exocrist Monk||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
|Wu Tang||Blue Dragon||Warrior||Swords|
|Black Tortoise||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
|The League of Beggars||Vanguard Beggar||Warrior||Staves|
|Dragon Beggar||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
|Black Clans||Sacred Flower (Female only)||Mistress of War||Warrior||Flying Wheels|
|Mistress of Heaven||Healer||Daggers|
|Mistress of Spirit||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
|Mistress of Cloud||Hybrid||Daggers|
|Heavenly Demon||Blood Demon||Warrior||Sabers|
|Storm Demon||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
|The Brotherhood of Thieves||Warrior Bandit||Warrior||Spears|
|Armored Bandit||Nuker||Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channelling)|
Advanced Clan Roles are still under production
The names of which are:
- Iron Fist (White Clan)
- Black Dragon (Black Clan)
- Union Of Noble Families (Neutral)