Gobi's Valley is the sixth level in Banjo-Kazooie. It's fairly challenging and as usual from Banjo-Kazooie, very fun & very eccentric. It is the third of the nine worlds that does not have a Mumbo's Skull.
Entering the Level
- Level Location: Go up the stairs past the giant statue of Grunty, through the note door, and turn into the entrance directly to the right to grab some Wading Boots. Then leave the tunnel and go to the next rightmost entrance, hop up the stairs, and go through the sand.
- Jiggies Required to Enter: 9
- Jiggy Pad: Go up the stairs past the giant statue of Grunty, through the note door then go straight and through the exit with the stairs. Then go through the note door in Grunty's mouth and follow the path.
Turbo Talon Trot
- Location: Next to Grabba and Kazooie's Temple, in the top left corner of the world
- Moves Required: None
- Description: Gives Kazooie Turbo Trainers that will allow her to run faster than the regular talon trot for a limited time.
Jiggies and Jinjos
1. Rubee's Jiggy
- Moves Required: Flight, Beak Bomb, Egg Firing (backwards)
- Description: Enter the Pyramid of Kazooie by Beak Bombing the target above it and entering before the time runs out. Then lay 5 eggs into the dish rotating around the pot until the snake sprouts up. Climb up the snake and grab the Jiggy. Be sure you climb the snake fast enough, it’s quite tricky get hold on it. If you take too much time, the kazooie will stop playing; you will have to lay 5 eggs into the dish again in order to try a second time.
2. The Sphinx's Nose & the Magic Carpets
- Moves required: Egg Firing
- Description: Go to the Sphinx and climb behind and up onto his back. Walk up the stairs on its neck, and jump off its nose onto one of the pillars. Then shoot an egg in each of the Sphinx's nostrils. A door with Banjo's face on it will open; go in. From there you will need to jump onto the magic carpets and shoot eggs into the small sphinx's mouths, and quickly jump to the next carpet until you reach the Jiggy on the last one.
3. Puzzle Pyramid
- Moves Required: Beak Buster (Wonderwing is helpful)
- Description: This pyramid is located on the right-hand side of the desert. Enter the Puzzle Pyramid by 'Beak Busting' the switch on top and then entering the door within 10 seconds. Use Beak Buster on the panels and try to match them before the 100 second timer runs out. Kill the mummy with the Wonderwing technique, so he doesn’t annoy you.
4. Hidden Rings of the Ancients
- Moves Required: Flight
- Description: Find a Flight Pad (there's one on the top of the Sphinx), and go through the hoops of all the golden statues.
They are found in the following locations, in this particular order:
- In front of the Pyramid of Kazooie
- In front of the Sphinx, between the two cacti
- Next to the Maze Pyramid and the Puzzle Pyramid
- Left of the Sphinx
- Right of the Sphinx
5. Speedy Shoes
- Moves Required: Turbo Talon Trot
- Description: Go around the corner of the Temple behind the Maze Pyramid and grab the Turbo Trainers. Run over the switch and quickly run up the Temple before the timer runs out (you can also just use fly if you can get to the pad quickly enough). Swim down and grab the jiggy, avoiding the mummies. Obtaining this Jiggy drains the water into the empty moat of the central pyramid, blocking access to flight pads, but preventing damage from walking in that area. It also makes it easier to access the notes within the previously dried moat.
6. Sandybutt's Maze
- Moves Required: The Ancient Ways Of The Egg (Talon Trot and Wonderwing are helpful)
- Description: Upon entering the level, go up the stairs, past the Sphinx, and up another set of stairs. Turn right, toward the Puzzle Pyramid, and jump off. Then turn around and jump onto the platform and spit 3 eggs into the sphinx's mouth until a pyramid begins to emerge; switch platforms and continue to do this until the central pyramid fully emerges, and then enter it. Make it through the maze and grab the jiggy out of the tomb. You only have 60 seconds go through the maze. Work your way through the maze to the finish. The timer resets each time you re-enter the maze, whether from the start or from the end. However, you can only leave by the back of the pyramid. In the piramid you find a mummy, if you attack him with the Wonderwing technique, he’ll give you an energy honeycomb and will be gone once and for all. If you re-enter the maze, you don’t have to fight him again (This technique works also with the mummy hands outside the pyramid). Don’t forget the Witch Switch!
7. Free Gobi
- Moves Required: Beak Buster
- Description: Behind the Pyramid Puzzle, jump on the magic carpet (or just fly) to the miniature island with Gobi on it. Use Beak Buster on his trap to free him and then grab the jiggy that appears.
8. Thirsty Tree
- Moves Required: Beak Buster
- Description: After freeing Gobi, he'll flee to the island with the tree at the entrance. Use Beak Buster on him to make him spit water into the thirsty tree & stand on one of the trees near the shoes and jump from the top of it to get the jiggy.
9. Grabba's Jiggy
- Moves Required: Turbo Talon Trot
- Description: Go to the top left corner of the level and use the Turbo Trainers to grab the jiggy from Grabba.
- Moves Required: Egg Firing
- Description: Collect all 5 Jinjos
- Blue Jinjo: Below the Maze Pyramid in the moat. Easiest to get once the moat is filled with water.
- Green Jinjo: Behind the Puzzle Pyramid
- Orange Jinjo: Inside the Sphinx, jump on the magic carpet and spit an egg into the mini-sphinx's mouth to raise the carpet. The jinjo should be on the magic carpet directly behind you, near the entrance.
- Purple Jinjo: At the end of Sandybutt's maze in a pot
- Yellow Jinjo: Directly behind the entrance standing on a rock
Grunty's Pad is located in King Sandybutt's maze, to the right of the exit on the other side of the wall. Be sure to escape the maze before the ceiling falls. Using this pad reveals a Jiggy inside the sarcophagi near the large urn. Use the shock jump to reach the sarcophagi and collect it.
- 5 - on first ramp
- 6 - on sphinx' front feet
- 7 - inside sphinx
- 8 - inside Kazooie's temple
- 2 - Near turbo trainers behind the ziggurat
- 11 - in hot sands near Grabba
- 9 - surrounding Sandybutt's maze, on rim surrounding dried moat
- 6 - inside the moat surrounding King Sandybutt's maze
- 4 - on stairs leading to Sandybutt's maze
- 7 - in Sandybutt's maze
- 4 - on stairs near memory match pyramid
- 6 - on or near memory match pyramid
- 4 - in memory match pyramid
- 4 - on ziggurat's ramp
- 4 - inside ziggurat (requires Turbo Talon Trot)
- 5 - on alcove accessed by carpet (Gobi's second hiding location)
- 8 - in sand left of the sphinx
Points of Interest
- Above the sphinx's nose
- Within Kazooie's Temple
- At the end of Sandybutt's maze in a pot
- Inside the Puzzle Pyramid
- On exit of ziggurat
- In the corner left of the sphinx
- Inside the sphinx
- In the moat around the central pyramid
- Go behind the Pyramid Puzzle and use Beak Buster on the honeycomb switch, then fly through the cactus to grab the empty honeycomb. The cactus is located near the ziggurat switch and the trainers.
- Find Gobi after pounding him twice by riding the magic carpet behind the Sphinx. Use Beak Buster on him and he'll spit out an empty honeycomb.
If you collected all the honeycombs in the levels before, do first Gobi’s honeycomb.Then fly through the cactus; if the cactus hurted you, you won’t need to find energy honeycombs. The energy bar will increase by a honeycomb and refill your energy.
- Behind the sphinx in the corner (use Stilt Stride)
- In the maze in King Sandybutt's Tomb
- On top of the Temple
These guys are helpful if you tend to kill everyone.
- On Kazooie’s head (use flight to reach), 1.
- On the shoulders of the Sphinx, 2
- In one of the dead ends in Sandybutt’s maze, 6.
Stop 'N' Swop Blue Egg
This item can only be obtained after getting 100 Jiggys and putting the following code into the sandcastle floor in Treasure Trove Cove:
CHEAT A DESERT DOOR OPENS WIDE ANCIENT SECRETS WAIT INSIDE
If you have defeated Grunty in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, this item can be obtained without the use of the code.
- There is a niche in the rock wall behind the sphinx where there used to be a locked door, but now it’s opened. Inside you’ll find a stomp switch. Activate it, and the sarcophagus will open, revealing the blue egg inside.