Bottles Picture Puzzle
Go to Banjo's house. Once inside, stand directly in front of the fireplace. Then, go to first-person and look at the picture of Bottles. He will start talking about his secret puzzle. Here's a list of the puzzles. Once you solve a puzzle, you are given a code. Type this code on the floor of the sandcastle in Treasure Trove Cove. The results are in parentheses after each code. The results cannot be mixed or stacked, i.e. only one code can be activated at a time. If you enter a new code while the previous code is active, the result of the new code will replace that of the old.
(Note: you must complete each puzzle before you can use the code at the sandcastle in Treasure Trove Cove.)
To remove or turn off any of the effects of these codes, type the code NOBONUS.
- Solve Puzzle 1 and type the code BOTTLESBONUSONE (Banjo is given an over-sized head).
- Solve Puzzle 2 and type the code BOTTLESBONUSTWO (Banjo is given over-sized paws).
- Solve Puzzle 3 and type the code BOTTLESBONUSTHREE (Kazooie is given an over-sized head).
- Solve Puzzle 4 and type the code BOTTLESBONUSFOUR (Banjo is given a tall and skinny torso similar to a walking hot dog bun or a walking broomstick. Also Banjo's head is very tiny).
- Solve Puzzle 5 and type the code BOTTLESBONUSFIVE (A combination of code two and code four).
- Solve Puzzle 6 and type the code BIGBOTTLESBONUS (A combination of codes one, two, and three).
- Solve Puzzle 7 and type the code WISHYWASHYBANJO (Banjo and Kazooie are transformed into a washing machine).
While using the washing machine form, you cannot use either the wading boots or the running shoes, but you are able to walk harmlessly in any area that requires the wading boots.
In order for these codes to work make sure you have the maximum amount of blue eggs, golden feathers, and red feathers that you can hold. Once you have typed in the codes, your feathers and eggs will never run out.
After you've inserted a code, leave the sandcastle before attempting another code. Continuing to enter cheats will anger Gruntilda, who will eventually attempt to delete your saved game (after being prompted if you want to continue cheating.)
In the Xbox 360 version, achievements are disabled once you enter one of these codes. You will be prompted if you want to continue and enable the cheat. Otherwise you can cancel its effect and achievements will not be disabled.
Enter these codes for extra goodies:
- CHEATLOTSOFGOESWITHMANYBANJOS - Infinite lives
- CHEATGIVETHEBEARLOTSOFAIR - Infinite air
- CHEATAGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO - Infinite Gold Feathers
- CHEATBANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS - Infinite Eggs
- CHEATNOWYOUCANFLYHIGHINTHESKY - Infinite Red Feathers
- CHEATDONTBEADUMBOGOSEEMUMBO - 99 Mumbo Tokens
- CHEATANENERGYBARTOGETYOUFAR - Max energy bar
Stop n Swop
Stop n Swop was originally meant to be a way for players to carry secrets found in Banjo-Tooie over to Banjo-Kazooie and vice versa. Idea was that you would stop playing one game, swap in the other game cartridge, and continue playing on the other game cartridge with the secret activated. This plan was abandoned though because Nintendo could not guarantee that switching cartridges would work as intended. But Rare did not remove some of the vestiges of Stop n Swop from Banjo-Kazooie. One example, perhaps the most annoying, is the crystal key visible, but not reachable, in Freezeezy Peak. Rare also left in the cheat codes which would allow you to activate the Stop n Swop secrets, but since the plan was abandoned none of these secret items actually does anything. All the items are found in Banjo-Tooie and you'll need to play that game to find out what they were meant to do.
Once you have collected all 100 Jiggys, you will go to a cutscene where you can see some of the Mysterious Eggs and the Ice Key. After you see the cutseen, go to the sandcastle to enter these codes to get the Ice Key and the Mysterious Eggs. WARNING: Once activated for the N64 version, these cheats will be permanently stored on your game cartridge and cannot be removed.
- CHEATADESERTDOOROPENSWIDEANCIENTSECRETSWAITINSIDE: In Gobi's Desert, behind the door in the main area to the far left (The Blue Egg).
- CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES: In the island in Treasure Trove Cove (The Magenta Egg).
- CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE: In Wozza's Cave in Freezeezy Peak (The Ice Key).
- CHEATAMIDSTTHEHAUNTEDGLOOMASECRETINTHEBATHROOM: In the bathroom in Mad Monster Mansion (The Green Egg).
- CHEATDONTYOUGOANDTELLHERABOUTTHESECRETINHERCELLAR: In the cellar of Mad Monster Mansion (The Cyan Egg).
- CHEATTHISSECRETYOULLBEGRABBININTHECAPTAINSCABIN: In the captain's cabin of Rusty Bucket Bay (The Red Egg).
- CHEATNOWBANJOWILLBEABLETOSEEITONNABNUTSTABLE: In Nabnut's house in Click Clock Wood (The Yellow Egg).
Here are other cool cheats in the game.
- CHEATYOUWONTBESADNOWYOUCANUSETHEFLYPAD - Activates the flight pad.
- CHEATYOULLBEGLADTOSEETHESHOCKJUMPPAD - Activates shock jump pad.
- CHEATGRUNTYWILLCRYNOWTHATYOUVESMASHEDHEREYE - Breaks eye on Grunty statue.
- CHEATDONTDESPAIRNOWTHETREEJIGGYPODIUMSTHERE - Jiggy podium in room with the Clock Clock Wood picture.
- CHEATNOWINTOTHESWAMPYOUCANSTOMP - Opens Bubblegloop Swamp.
- CHEATTHERESNOWHEREDANKERTHANINWITHCLANKER - Opens Clanker's Cavern.
- CHEATTHISONESGOODASYOUCANENTERTHEWOOD - Opens Click Clock Wood.
- CHEATTHEJIGGYSDONESOOFFYOUGOINTOFREEZEEZYPEAKANDITSSNOW - Opens Freezeezy Peak.
- CHEATGOBISJIGGYISNOWDONETREKONINANDGETSOMESUN - Opens Gobi's Valley.
- CHEATTHEJIGGYSNOWMADEWHOLEINTOTHEMANSIONYOUCANSTROLL - Opens Mad Monster Mansion.
- CHEATWHYNOTTAKEATRIPINSIDEGRUNTYSRUSTYSHIP - Opens Rusty Bucket Bay.
- CHEATTHESEGORIGHTONTHROUGHNOTEDOORTWO - Opens second note door.
- CHEATNOTEDOORTHREEGETINFORFREE - Opens third note door.
- CHEATTAKEATOURTHROUGHNOTEDOORFOUR - Opens fourth note door.
- CHEATUSETHISCHEATNOTEDOORFIVEISBEAT - Opens fifth note door.
- CHEATTHISTRICKSUSEDTOOPENNOTEDOORSIX - Opens sixth note door.
- CHEATTHESEVENTHNOTEDOORISNOWNOMORE - Opens seventh note door.
- CHEATUPYOUGOWITHOUTAHITCHTOTHEWATERLEVELSWITCH - Raises water level.
- CHEATTHEYCAUSETROUBLEBUTNOWTHEYRERUBBLE - Removes breakable wall.
- CHEATWEBSSTOPYOURPLAYSOTAKETHEMAWAY - Removes spider webs.
- CHEATYOUWONTHAVETOWAITNOWTHERESNOCRYPTGATE - Removes cript gate.
- CHEATSHESANUGLYBATSOLETSREMOVEHERGRILLEANDHAT - Removes grille and hat.
- CHEATITSYOURLUCKYDAYASTHEICEBALLMELTSAWAY - Removes ice cube near Freezeezy Peak picture puzzle.
- CHEATYOULLCEASETOGRIPEWHENUPGOESAPIPE - Raises pipe next to the entrance to Clanker's Cavern.
- CHEATTHISSHOULDGETRIDOFTHECRYPTCOFFINLID - Removes coffin lid.
- CHEATBOTHPIPESARETHEREINCLANKERSLAIR - Raises two pipes near the entrance of Clankers Cavern.
- CHEATONCEITSHONEBUTTHELONGTUNNELGRILLESNOWGONE - Removes the grille blocking the entrance to Bubblegloop Swamp.