From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
At the end of each stage, you'll get a special attack which you can use from that point on in the game.
- Big Fireball - You start the game with this. It does more damage than the small fireballs.
- Spread Fireball - You get this upon clearing the first stage. It sends out five fireballs in a fan shape that also track enemies.
- Explosion Fireball - You get this upon clearing the second stage. It's like the Big Fireball except that when it hits an enemy it will cause a explosion that others can get caught in.
- Bat Transformation - You get this upon clearing the third stage. It turns you into a bat for a limited amount of time, allowing you to fly over spikes and high walls. Notice that transformation will be removed when hitting obstacles while flying.
- Ice Shot - You get this on clearing the fourth stage. It can freeze enemies for a few seconds. It's also the only effective weapon against a late game boss.
- Upside down - You get this upon clearing the fifth stage. It lets you walk on the ceiling for a limited amount of time, allowing you to reach inaccessible areas.