Although the fighters in this group represent the initial game that started the 2D fighting genre craze, many of the character's abilities have been increased to compensate for the lack of abilities that characters from other series possess. Two super moves, abilities taken from other series, and increased attack strength are among the benefits that they have been given.
- Super Meter: These fighters have a single super meter that, once full, can be instantly used up to execute a devastating Super Combo attack. It fills up fairly quickly in contrast to other meters.
- Rapid-Fire Chains: Fighters from SF2 may chain light attacks together as rapidly as possible. Chains may alternate between and and vice versa, crouching or standing, until the opponent is out of range.
- Rapid-Fire Chain Lock Out: Once a rapid-fire chain has been initiated, canceling to a special move or Super Combo is forbidden beyond the second rapid-fire hit. However, alternating between standing and crouching resets the lock-out count.
- Tactical Recovery: Taken from the C, A, and P Grooves in Capcom vs. SNK 2, a fighter may control and delay the time at which he rises off the ground by holding while lying down from a previous attack. Use this to confuse the opponent and trick him into attacking early for a counter attack.
- Air-Block Negate: Since these fighters are the only fighters who are incapable of blocking mid-air attacks, they are given the ability to successfully attack air-blocking opponents with normal, non-projectile attacks. Any punch or kick that these fighters use will successfully hit an opponent blocking in mid-air.
Click on the name of each fighter to be taken to their respective Street Fighter II entries.
A colonel in the U.S. Air Force. Skilled in military style of Martial Arts. His unique hairstyle and a silent wrath may be admirable by those with keen insight.
|Spin Back Knuckle||+|
|Knee Bazooka||or +|
|Reverse Spin Kick||close, or +|
Leader of the secret crime syndicate Shadaloo. A manipulating demonic being of the evil force known as "Psycho Power." He uses a distinguished fighting style, and to those who have crossed his path, he delivers a viciously evil smile.
Aiming for the "true fighting style," Ryu is a young man who trains constantly day in and day out. He journeys throughout the world searching for opponents to battle.
Exciting specialty throw moves, Zangief, alias "Red Cyclone," is one of the great treasures of the pro wrestling world. Devoting himself to his faithful muscles of steel, he fights unknowing of the world for the dignity of his native country.