Characters from Street Fighter III benefit from a number of unique abilities, the most advantageous being the ability to parry attacks. However, expert players of the SF3 series may find that they must modify their usage of these four fighters within the system of Capcom Fighting Evolutions, as juggling is harder to perform, but not every character is capable of parrying their attacks so new opportunities exist.
- Super Meter: These fighters have a two-tiered super meter. The use of Super Combos consumes one meter stock, while performing an EX move consumes half of one stock. While fighters were forced to select only one Super Combo move before a fight in SF3, characters have many Super Combos available to them here.
- Dashing: These fighters may move quickly forwards or backwards by tapping or .
- Super Jumps: You may jump higher than average by quickly pressing , then , , or .
- Leap Attack: Press + to perform a quick overhead attack that must be blocked high.
- Super Cancel: Characters from SF3 may cancel some (not all) of their special moves immediately into Super Combos.
- Parry: A powerful technique that can be used to reduce damage received from attacks. To successfully parry an attack, you must press forward the moment before the attack connects (or press down before a low attack connects.) This may be used in mid-air, to compensate for the lack of a mid-air block. A successful parry will prevent all damage from an attack, push the opponent away, and allow you to immediately counter attack.
- EX Moves: At the cost of half of one super meter, you may amplify the strength and effectiveness of certain moves by performing the attack with two buttons instead of just one. Available moves are marked with an (EX) in front of the move name.
- Quick Standing: Tap just before you are about to hit the floor after being knocked down to quickly rise back up again.
- Target Combos: These fighters keep many of the specific chain combos that they possessed in Street Fighter III. Unlike Chain Combos, these are specific sequences of attacks that are unique to each fighter.
Click on the name of each fighter to be taken to their respective Street Fighter III entries.
A burning young street fighter whose trained body draws out combat instinct. Motivated by the contemplation of the definition of "fighting style," he proceeds to battle.
Under Interpol's Special Investigations Division. At one time pursuing the mystery circumstances of her father's death, she challenges drug rings single handedly. Her kicking style frequently wins with its immense crushing power.
The chief of a secret organization, controlled by a concealed society since the B.C. era, and "Lord" Gill's younger brother. Feeling worthy to reign on his own, he fights bare fisted fueled by hatred inside.
|(EX) Metallic Sphere||+||(hold to delay)|
|(EX) Chariot Tackle||+|
|(EX) Violence Knee Drop||+|
|(EX) Dangerous Headbutt||+|
User of the Chinese martial arts known as Kenpo, he possesses a genuine fighting ability. Living in his homeland Hong Kong, together with his younger twin brother, they're active in the community as young leaders.
|(EX) Zesshou Hohou||+|
|(EX) Tetsuzan Kou||+|
|(EX) Nishou Kyaku||+|
|Zenpou Tenshin||close, +|