Click here for more information about Vega's other fighting game appearances.
- First appearance: Street Fighter II
- Other appearances: Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter EX2, Street Fighter EX2 Plus, Street Fighter EX3
- Related characters: M. Bison, Cammy
Where Vega (known as Balrog in Japan) got his love for murder is unknown. As the product of the union between a Japanese martial artist and a Spanish bull fighter, Vega claims a vast heritage, which he puts to deadly use. Wealthy, and full of opportunity, his enjoyment of murder is only topped by his own vanity. He attracted the attention of M. Bison, who saw his lust for killing, and assigned him to orchestrate the assassinations conducted by the Shadowloo dolls. One of the only missions that Vega has ever failed is the tracking down and killing of the one doll who ever broke free of Bison's control: Cammy.
Normal Vega represents his Street Fighter Alpha series style, with all of the extra moves and Super Combos that he gains. Extra Vega is limited, closer in presentation to his Super Street Fighter II Turbo style. In Capcom vs. SNK 2, he has access to all of his Alpha moves.
Pro version changes
- Vega's standard jump is faster.
- His jumping crosses up more easily.
- Improved Speed off the wall, all moves off the wall are much faster than before.
- There are changes to 3 of his normal attacks. Normal Vega's + is faster and has a new blur animation to his foot. His jumping straight up sticks straight out. His standing is new and can combo off of jumping .
- Vega can two-in-one into his specials such as the wall grab out of +. He can also two-in-one out of a crouching .