The enemies appearing in the third leg have more complex movements and attacks, making them harder to destroy. The enemies, especially the Fleamen, are much harder to dodge than anything you've encountered so far. The enemies are also stronger - you will now lose three bars of health per hit instead of two. Despite the slowness of the bosses, they're strong enemies and difficult to destroy.
There are four enemies here: Ghosts, Fleamen, Skeletons, and Ravens. The Axe is your most effective weapon, as all of these enemies can fly, or at least jump. Try to remain calm so you won't be tricked by your enemies' movements.
- If you want, take the Holy Water from one of the first candles in the stage A Pot Roast appears a little later on, but if you're careful you won't need it. Grab it if the Fleamen give you trouble.
- A Skeleton appears in the lower left corner. He jumps back and forth as he throws bones at you. Don't panic; strike him with your whip as he approaches you. If you don't get him right away, he can be difficult to whip, but the Axe or Dagger will take him out easily.
- On upper levels, the Holy Water is an effective weapon against the Skeletons; drop it where the Skeleton is about to land and he'll burn with one strike. The Holy Water isn't effective against the Ravens, so use your whip or Dagger. If you couch at the right edge of the lowest platform here, a bonus money bag will appear on the high platform to the left. Run and grab it before it disappears. There is one more skeleton, but don't fight it. Instead, stand on the ledge and watch the skeleton. He will try to jump at you, but the ledge is too high, and he will fall in the pit. You may now safely walk down the stairs and take the axe which is at the bottommost candle (but will fall if you don't collect it immediately).
You will be facing Medusa Heads and Skeletons on the lower level and Bone Towers and Ravens on the upper level. When a Raven flies at you, attack it with your whip. Against the Bone Towers, remember to crack your whip repeatedly during the intervals between its fire-breathing. The Boomerang is also very effective against the Towers.
- First Medusa Heads appears; as always, it's best to simply avoid them. A Boomerang is hidden in the candle below the stairs to the section above, but it is difficult to reach without an Axe or Dagger.
- If you crouch directly above the two unreachable blocks to the right of the stairway, a bonus money bag appears to the left. A Stop Watch is hidden inside the candle to the right of the stairs. It will give you an advantage over the Bone Towers to the right, but not against the boss later on.
- In areas like this, be prepared for the Raven's attack. Jump and whip when it starts to dive at you.
The key to conquering this is being able to whip and jump at the proper time. You can use the Stop Watch that you got in the previous stage against the normal enemies, but it is useless against the Mummy Men, so collect the Dagger hidden in their room if you need it.
- The Ravens start to fly as soon as you get near them. With the timing techniques learned in the previous stages, you should be able to leap in the air and whip the birds as soon as they take off. If you have the Dagger, jump and hit them from a distance before they start to fly.
- The Skeletons hop over the ruined patch of the bridge. Destroy the first one as he approaches you, and then destroy the second by whipping as you jump between platforms. Timing is everything.
- A Pot Roast is hidden in the bottom block in the Mummy Men's chamber. With the Pot Roast, you can replenish the energy that you've lost before the fight with the Mummies begins, or you can save it for later and use the block as a ledge. If you have the Stop Watch, grab the Dagger from the candle in the boss room.
- See the bosses section for more.
As you will discover when you meet them, the two mummies have become a bit unraveled lately. The bandages they throw at you will cause damage. The Stop Watch is useless against these two, but the Dagger, Holy Water or Boomerang all work well against the petrified pair, especially if you have a Shot Multiplier. You'll have to dodge while you're attacking and it isn't going to be easy. Speed and technique will get you through this fight. Alternatively, if you have the Boomerang, a Shot Multiplier, and can get the two mummies to overlap, you can throw multiple boomerangs to kill them nearly instantly due to a glitch that causes damage to be dealt every frame against overlapping enemies.