|Total Games||unknown (139 present)|
|← (none)||(none) →|
Because of the dominance of Microsoft Windows in the PC market very few commercial games are released for Linux, although some developers actively support it alongside Windows (such as Epic Games); as a result, most or all of their titles have Linux support. Rather than releasing separate Linux retail packages, compatible titles include a Linux installer along with the Windows version or offer it as a separate download on the game's website. Support is noted by showing Tux (the Linux mascot) on the website or the back of the box.
In addition to commercial releases, Linux gamers also have access to a wide selection of free and open-source games (such as NetHack and Lincity). Many Windows games can now be played on Linux using Wine or its forks CrossOver Games and Cedega, and most MS-DOS games can be played using DOSBox.
Pages in category "Linux"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade
- Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia
- Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death
- Human Resource Machine
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter
- Shovel Knight
- Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- SimCity 3000
- Sonic Robo Blast 2
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
- Street Fighter V
- Super Meat Boy
- Swords of Chaos