Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an American publisher, developer, and distributor of video games and video game peripherals. The company's headquarters are in New York City, United States, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Development studio locations include San Diego, Vancouver, Toronto and Austin, Texas. In 2008, Take-Two Interactive ranked 28th on the list of the largest software companies in the world. Take-Two has developed and published many notable games, including the British Grand Theft Auto series, the Serious Sam shooter series, the Midnight Club racing series, controversial games Manhunt and Manhunt 2 and most recently BioShock. It owns 2K Games, formerly Visual Concepts prior to its purchase from Sega, and publishes its popular 2K Sports titles. It also acted as the publisher of Bethesda Softworks' 2006 game, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Take-Two is the target of a hostile takeover bid from rival Electronic Arts issued in February 2008. The bid expired August 18, 2008, and, according to Take-Two, will not be renewed. However, according to CNET, the two companies entered into confidential discussions on August 25, 2008.
- 2K Games
- Firaxis Games (acquired in 2005)
- 2K Boston/2K Australia (formerly known as Irrational Games, acquired in 2006)
- 2K Czech (formerly Illusion Softworks)
- 2K Marin
- Take-Two Licensing (formerly known as TDK Mediactive)
- Venom Games, Ltd. (acquired in September 2004; closed in July 2008)
- 2K Sports
- 2K Play
- Global Star Software (closed; some brands merged into 2K Play)
- Gathering of Developers (closed; brands merged into Rockstar and 2K)
- Gotham Games (closed)
- TalonSoft (closed in 2005; most brands sold to Matrix Games)
- Jack of All Games (distribution arm of Take-Two)
- Rockstar Games, Ltd.
- Rockstar North (formerly known as DMA Design)
- Rockstar Leeds (formerly known as Mobius Entertainment)
- Rockstar Japan
- Rockstar London
- Rockstar Vancouver (formerly known as Barking Dog Studios)
- Rockstar San Diego (formerly known as Angel Studios)
- Rockstar Toronto (formerly known as Rockstar Canada)
- Rockstar Vienna (formerly known as neo Software; closed May 11, 2006)
- Rockstar Lincoln (formerly known as Tarantula Studios)
- Rockstar New England (formerly known as Mad Doc Software)
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Take-Two Interactive"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.