Once you reach the cliff wall, your next goal is to claim the best equipment in the game, to make progress through the rest of the game much easier. You can choose to fight the bosses at any time that you wish, but beginner players will probably wish to collect the best equipment before facing the bosses to ensure safety.
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Parallel Worlds
- 3 Tower A
- 4 Tower B
- 5 Tower C
- 6 Tower D
- 7 Tower E
- 8 Tower F
- 9 Tower G
- Enter Tower E (third door to the left of the flame) and collect the Hyper Armor from the inside Parallel Zone. Collect two more Circle Hearts along the way.
- Enter Tower D. Collect the Hyper Helmet from the inside Parallel Zone (also collect another Circle Heart).
- Optionally, you may choose to climb to the top of Tower D at this time and kill the Centipede boss if you feel you are strong enough.
- Enter Tower C, collect the Magic Mace from the inside secret room, then defeat the Wheeler boss.
- Optionally, you may choose to collect the Parallel Shot from the outside Parallel Zone before leaving this tower.
- You may burn the bells that you collect in the holy flame at any time that you choose, and restore your missing life points.
- Enter Tower B, collect the Shield of Kings from the outside secret room.
- Enter Tower A, collect the Dragon Slayer from the inside secret room, then defeat the Great Burn boss.
- Optionally, you may choose to collect the Double Shot from the outside Parallel Zone before leaving this tower.
- Enter Tower F, collect the Gauntlets from the inside secret room, then defeat the Death Bear boss.
- Enter Tower G and defeat the Cold Killer boss.
- Enter Tower B and defeat the Beat Plant boss.
- Enter Tower D and defeat the Centipede boss (if you have not done so already).
- Enter Tower E, collect the Blue Necklace from the outside secret room's secret room, and defeat the Great Wing boss.
- Burn any of the bells that you have remaining.
- Optionally, you may wish to enter a dungeon in order to purchase Blue Potions and a Green Scroll.
- Return to the beginning location of the game (lowest layer of the castle).
- If you have a green scroll, use it at this time.
- Enter the previously locked gate which leads to Rubas' lair.
- Collect the Splendor before Rubas' lair and enter the lair to begin three boss battles which you must win to complete the game.
Survival in the Parallel World can be difficult, especially with only the basic equipment. You will be descended upon by a swarm of ghosts. These ghosts are difficult to avoid, but there are two safe places where you can stand to avoid being attacked: the lower corners of any floor. At these extreme positions, the ghosts will not be able to travel over to you and harm you. From this position, you can sit and destroy the ghosts before you move. Be sure to eliminate every one that you see before leaving.
- Watch out for the high-speed bats that fly around the tower, along with the Killer Hounds.
- There is a Heart Circle on the fourth floor of the tower path.
- Walk along the upper right corner of the narrow seventh floor to discover the portal to a Parallel World which hides the Double Shot.
- As soon as you arrive in the Parallel World, you will be assaulted by high-speed bats. Do your best to counter-attack them immediately and destroy them all before moving on.
- Climb down three flights of steps, avoiding or attacking the Dwarfs along the way, to obtain the Double Shot. Collect and equip it to double your firing rate.
- Climb all the way to the bottom and walk around the right side to find the portal back to the real world.
- Inside the tower, climb three ladders to the fourth floor, and run into the lower left corner of the floor to find a secret room which contains the Dragon Slayer.
- Defeat the bats that attack you. You should not attempt this without wearing all three of the Hyper defense Items.
- Collect and equip the Dragon Slayer, the best sword in the game except for the one you can only get at the very end. Leave through the right door.
Boss: Great Burn
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. Your sword may intercept some of the fireballs that it throws, but don't be concerned.
Starting from the holy flame, walk to the right and enter the third door to reach Tower B.
- As soon as you arrive, immediately walk into the lower right corner of the path to enter a secret room where the Shield of Kings is located.
- A number of floors up along the pathway, you will find a Heart Circle.
Shield of Kings
To safely collect the Shield of Kings, you will need to obtain the Magic Mace from Tower C first. Collecting the Shield is very difficult without its aid.
- As soon as you enter this room, immediately activate the Magic Mace to ensure your survival. Even doing so is no guarantee that you will live.
- This secret room is loaded with extremely fast moving bats. They will fly into the flame barrier created by the Magic Mace and be destroyed. A Slime also awaits you.
- When the room is cleared, collect and equip the Shield of Kings.
- At the very top of the tower, just before the entrance to the boss room, walk into the lower right corner of the floor to locate a Secret Room.
- Defeat all of the flames that you encounter here and collect the Figurine. Return to the tower through the left door.
Boss: Beat Plant
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. Since Beat Plant flies through the entire horizontal extent of the room, it is very likely that you will get hit at some point, but not to a life threatening degree.
Starting from the holy flame, walk to the right and enter the third door to reach Tower C.
- You will find a Heart Circle on the third floor of the tower path.
- Shortly after the Heart Circle, you will encounter the first large sized ghost. Attack it with caution. The only other monsters that you have to deal with are Bounders and Cruds.
- At the top of the pathway, just before the entrance to the actual tower, you will find a portal to a Parallel World to the right of the doorway, which contains the Parallel Shot.
- Inside the tower, you will find another Heart Circle on the ground floor.
- The Parallel World of the pathway to Tower C is extremely similar to the real world pathway. You begin at the very top, and must work your way down.
- The Parallel Shot is lying on the left edge of one of the floors. Once you find the shot, descend down one flight of steps and examine the right side to find the portal back to the real world.
- After climbing five ladders to the sixth floor, you will find the entrance to a secret room in the right corner of the floor.
- Attack the Slimes and Anemones that guard the Magic Mace and clear the area to collect it. Then return through the door on the left.
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. Although it is unlikely, if Wheeler occupies the same side of the room as you for a long time, simply cross over to the other side.
Starting from the holy flame, Tower D is the fourth door that you pass when walking in either direction.
- Climb all the way up the path to the entrance of the Tower. Be sure to stop and defeat any bats that appear, as well as the Killer Hounds that you encounter near the top. You can safely avoid the Small Devils, and the Wall Fish.
- Inside the Tower, climb up two ladders. On the third floor, walk to the left side of the floor to find the entrance to the Parallel World which contains the Hyper Helmet.
- Move immediately into one of the floor corners upon arriving, and destroy all of the ghosts that are flying around.
- When all of the ghosts are gone, begin climbing up the parallel Tower. Eventually, you will locate the Hyper Helmet.
- Climb to the very top of the parallel Tower, and walk to the right edge of the floor to find the portal back to the real world.
- Climb down a few floors when you return to the real Tower to locate another Circle Heart.
The Centipede can be one of the most difficult monsters if you are not well prepared or well equipped. The Centipede moves in a wave like pattern back and forth across the room. If possible, it is best to move to the top of the room as the 'pede reaches the right side of the screen, and move to the bottom as the pede comes back across from the left side. Position yourself in locations where the 'pede will move around you. Fire at it constantly, any section of its body is vulnerable to your attack.
Starting from the holy flame, walk to the left and enter the third door to reach Tower E.
- When you enter the path to the tower, you will be confronted by a Fire Demon. Defeat it carefully, and climb the steps.
- After two flights of steps, you will locate another Heart Circle. After six flights of steps, walk to the upper left corner of the seventh floor to find a secret room.
- Inside the tower, you will find another Heart Circle. You wish to destroy the Blimes that cross between the walls before climbing the next ladder.
- Climb up five ladders until you reach the 6th floor of the Tower. On the 6th floor, walk to the left of the ladder and you will enter a Parallel World which stores the Hyper Armor.
- Enter the secret room found on the seventh floor of the pathway to the tower. Fight the swarm of bats that attack you. Then walk to the upper left corner of the lower pathway of the room.
- You will find a secret room within the secret room. It is in here that you will find the Blue Necklace that grants invulnerability for a short while, guarded by a single Crud. Defeat the Crud and collect the necklace.
- Save the Blue Necklace for the last fight with Rubas if possible. Walk through the two right exits to return to the tower.
- As soon as you arrive in the Parallel World, move to the lower left corner of your current floor and remove all of the ghosts before proceeding.
- Once the ghosts are eliminated, proceed to climb down the ladders. If you see another ghost, get to the corner of a floor immediately and remove the ghost.
- Eventually, you will find the Golden Armor. Collect it and equip it.
- Climb down one more ladder and enter the upper portion of the floor between the two ladders to return to the real world.
Boss: Great Wing
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. Stay along the very bottom of the room to stay out of the reach of the fireballs which rotate around the Great Wing.
Starting from the holy flame, walk to the left and enter the second door to reach Tower F.
- Immediately after you enter the path, there is a Heart Circle on the second floor.
- There is a wider assortment of enemies that you face on the pathway to the tower. The most dangerous include the bats and the large ghost.
- Inside the tower, climb up five ladders to reach the sixth floor, and walk into the lower left corner of the floor to find the Secret Room that contains the Gauntlet.
- As soon as you enter this room, you will be surrounded by a horde of ghosts. You should not attempt this without wearing all three of the Hyper defense items.
- Begin throwing your sword immediately. Do not stop until every ghost is defeated.
- Once the room is clear, collect and equip the Gauntlet so that you may throw the sword at its fastest speed.
Boss: Death Bear
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. The Death Bear tracks your position around the room, so you may need to switch sides of the room in order to stay alive.
- As soon as you enter the tower, you will be set upon by a Bat and an Anemone, so be careful.
- On the way up along the pathway, you will notice a Pixie trapped behind bars. On this floor, walk to the lower right corner of the floor, and walk up to locate a Secret Room.
- Inside the tower, climb up five ladders to the sixth floor, and explore the left side of the floor to find a portal to a Parallel Zone.
- Find the Secret Room along the pathway by the Pixie. When you arrive, you will be instantly attacked by bats and flames.
- Once the bats and flames are destroyed, you can collect a free pair of Hyper Boots. This will only be useful if you did not previously purchase Hyper Boots at the beginning of the game.
- Walking off the right side of the room will simply place you back inside the same room with all of the enemies regenerated.
- Inside the Parallel Zone, you will find the Cup on the same exact level that you arrive in. Collect the Cup to instantly gain 250 Ludder.
- Just as ironically, the portal back to the Real World can be found on the very same level, on the opposite side of the floor.
Boss: Cold Killer
This boss does not require a particularly special strategy. Walk into either lower corner of the room and fire swords diagonally at it until it is defeated. The Cold Killer will generally fly over the central region of the room, but his fireballs will drop in every direction.