- Begin your quest in Aliahan by meeting the king, and forming a party in Luisa's place.
- Visit the next town Reeve to purchase stronger equipment.
- Enter the Cave on the Promontory to enter the Tower of Najima.
- Climb to the top of the tower to obtain the Thief's Key.
- Use the Thief's Key in Reeve to obtain the Magic Ball.
- Take the Magic Ball to the Cave of Enticement and use it to blast a hole in the wall.
- Travel through the Cave of Enticement to reach the Travel Gate that leads to Romaly.
- Visit the king of Romaly to learn about his stolen crown.
- Travel north to the town of Kanave.
- Visit the Tower of Shanpane, and track down Kandar the thief to reclaim the crown.
- Return the crown to the king, be the king for a day, and return to adventuring.
- Visit the sleeping town of Noaniels, north of Kanave.
- Visit the Elf Village to learn about the sleeping town.
- Explore the Cave of Dreams and locate the Dream Ruby.
- Return the Dream Ruby to the Elven Queen, and get the Wake-up powder.
- Use the Wake-up powder in Noaniels.
- Travel east of Romaly until you find the bazaar town of Assaram.
- Travel west of Assaram into the desert until you reach the oasis
- Visit the kingdom of Isis in the oasis to learn more about the pyramid.
- Attempt to locate the Meteorite Armband in the Castle of Isis.
- Explore the Pyramid and locate the Magic Key.
- Use the Magic Key to unlock the door in the shrine north of Romaly.
- Use the shrine's tunnel to visit the kingdom of Portoga.
- Agree to find Black Pepper, and obtain the scroll from the king.
- Show the scroll to Norud the Dwarf in the cave east of Assaram, and find the secret exit.
- Visit Baharata and learn of the recent kidnapping.
- Defeat Kandar again and rescue the kidnapped victims from the cave north of Baharata.
- Return to Baharata and obtain Black Pepper.
- Bring Black Pepper to the King of Portoga, and obtain a ship that enables you to sail around the world.
- Visit the shrine of Dhama north of Baharata.
- Potentially change your class if your characters are above level 20.
- Visit the Tower of Garuna in order to find the Book of Satori.
- Use the Book of Satori to change any non-Jester or non-Hero class into a Sage.
|The Final Key
- Visit Tedanki, south of Portoga, especially at night.
- Travel due south from Baharata in order to reach the town of Lancel.
- Purchase the Invisibility Herb in Lancel, and then sail north of Portoga until you reach Eginbear.
- Use the Invisibility Herb to sneak inside Eginbear.
- Solve the boulder puzzle in the basement of Eginbear to obtain the Vase of Drought.
- Use the Vase of Drought at the location of the Sunken Shrine in the middle of the ocean.
- Enter the Sunken Shrine to obtain the Final Key.
- Sail east of Baharata until you reach the town of Jipang.
- Speak with the citizens there to learn about the terrible Orochi.
- Enter Orochi's cave, and defeat it in battle.
- Return to Japan, and confront the disguised Orochi.
- Defeat Orochi once and for all and obtain the Purple Orb.
- Optionally, visit the town of Muor north of Jipang.
- Set sail to the "new continent" to the west of Eginbear.
- Bring along a merchant that you can part with in order to start a new town on the east coast of the continent.
- Travel up along the system of rivers in order to find the town of Soo.
- Visit the Tower of Arp on the west coast in order to find the Echoing Flute.
- Return to Tednaki at night, and use the Final Key to open the prisoner's cell and obtain the Green Orb.
- Visit the Pirate's Den along the southern tip of the continent south of Soo, and find the hidden Red Orb.
- Return to Lancel, and use the Final Key to open the gates of the large shrine.
- Send your Hero alone into the Navel of the Earth, and locate the Blue Orb.
|The Staff of Change
- Use the Travel Gates to enter the mountain locked region above the Pirate's Den.
- Walk around to the kingdom of Samanao, where you learn about the tyrannical king.
- Get thrown in jail, and escape through a tunnel, finding the real king along the way.
- Explore the cave east of Samanao, and locate the Mirror of Ra.
- Use the Mirror of Ra on the sleeping king to reveal his true form.
- Defeat him and obtain the Staff of Change, as well as restoring peace to Samanao.
|The Sword of Gaia
- Optionally, use the Staff of Change to become Dwarfs and shop at the Elven Village.
- Trade the Staff of Change with the wizard in Greenlad for the Sailor's Thigh Bone.
- Use the Sailor's Thigh Bone to locate the Phantom Ship.
- Explore the Phantom Ship to obtain the Locket of Love.
- Sail around to Olivia's Promontory and use the Locket of Love when the curse blows your ship back.
- Enter the shrine inside the channel, and obtain the Sword of Gaia.
- Return to the New Town where you left your merchant, only to find that the citizens have revolted.
- Speak with your merchant in prison to learn the location of the Yellow Orb.
|Cave of Necrogond
- Travel to the Volcano east of Isis, and throw the Sword of Gaia inside to cause an eruption.
- Use the eruption to cross into the land below and walk to the entrance of the Cave of Necrogond.
- Traverse through the entire cave to reach the exit on the other side of the mountains.
- Visit the shrine near by to obtain the Silver Orb.
- Take all six orbs to the frozen continent north of Noaniels.
- Place each orb on an alter to awaken the phoenix Ramia.
- Use Ramia to fly to otherwise unreachable destinations.
- Fly Ramia to the Castle of Baramos, and navigate the maze of stairways until your reach Baramos.
- Defeat Baramos in battle and restore peace to the world.
- Return to Aliahan and speak with the king, only to learn of a much greater threat named Zoma.
- An earthquake will occur, and if you visit the Great Pit of Giaga east of Castle Baramos, you will be able to fall into the pit.
|The World of Darkness
- Falling through the pit, you will land in the World of Darkness known as Alefgard.
- Visit Brecconary Town and Tantegel Castle to learn about this world that is plunged in perpetual night.
- Discover the hidden location of the Stones of Sunlight.
- Optionally visit Garin's home to locate the Silver Harp.
- Visit the cave north of Tantegel to locate the Shield of Heroes.
|West and South Alefgard
- Travel south along the west region to find the desert town of Hauksness.
- Locate the Oricon that his hidden in the horses' pasture.
- Travel further east to visit the fortress town of Cantlin.
- Visit the Poison Marsh Shrine south of Cantlin to obtain the Staff of Rain.
- Optionally visit the cave west of Tantegel.
- Travel east of Tantegel by boat to reach the town of Kol.
- Explore Kol, and locate the hidden Fairy Flute.
- Sell the Oricon to the item shop owner, and purchase the Sword of Kings from him.
- Sail to the Tower of Rubiss west of Kol. Locate the Armor of Radiance in the tower.
- Climb to the top floor, and use the Fairy Flute to free Rubiss from the statue. Obtain the Sacred Amulet.
- Sail south of Kol to reach Rimuldar. Find the Ring of Life in the Inn.
- Sail to the Holy Shrine on the island south of Rimuldar. Exchange the Stones of Sunlight, the Staff of Rain, and the Sacred Amulet for the Rainbow Drop.
- Return to the original world above if you have not yet obtained the Sphere of Light.
- Use Ramia to fly to the castle of the Dragon Queen.
- Speak with the queen before she dies to obtain the Sphere of Light.
- Return to Alefgard and use the Rainbow Drop to form a bridge to Zoma's island, west of Rimuldar.
- Enter Zoma's Castle. Find the secret staircase and travel down until you find Ortega.
- Locate the Sage's Stone, and then visit Zoma's lair.
- Defeat Zoma's three servants, and then battle Zoma himself to save the world.