Red: rooms described in this page.
Grey: rooms cleared in previous pages.
This is a particularly difficult board that requires some precision.
- Start by collecting the two Heart Frames above the Gols. Then shoot the left Gol twice, run down to collect the Heart Frame below, and then push the Emerald Frame up. It's not required, but you can push the Emerald Frame over the left Gol's position until you hear the sound indicating that it could not return to the screen.
- With the Emerald Frame that you've pushed up, push it to the left, and up one space, and left again until it is in line with the column of trees above the Don Medusa below. Then shoot the nearby Snakey, push it left two spaces, down to the trees below, and then right one space so that it is also above the Don Medusa. You should not push it down any further.
- Collect the Heart Frame on the left, and it should activate the Hammer Power. Use the hammer on the boulder above the Snakey. Then walk along the bottom wall and collect the Heart Frame in the lower right corner.
- Start walking up the path to the left of the column of trees with the Alma on the right. Walk up to the top and collect the top Heart Frame when the Alma is near the bottom. Then run away to right column of grass. Shoot the Alma when it lines up with you, then move it down into the grass and right into the area above the Gols, trapping it.
- After collecting the lower Heart Frame, you need to push the nearby Emerald Frame to the right.
- Stand above and one space to the right of the upper left Emerald Frame so that you're lined up with the Skull to the right of the Don Medusa. Shoot twice to remove the Skull, and as soon as you cast the second shot, run to the left so that you're protected from the Don Medusa by the Emerald Frame.
- While the Don Medusa is moving back and forth, push the Emerald Frame to the right once, and down to the bottom. Collect the last Heart Frame while you're there, and then push the Emerald Frame to the right, trapping the Don Medusa in the lower right corner. The Gols aren't a real threat unless you stop, and the Skull should not come back for a little while, so you can safely collect the key without worry.
The fact is that it does not matter in what order you collect the Heart Frames. The four Skulls keep all four Almas in check until you collect the final frame. When you do, jump onto the safety of the grass because all eight enemies will suddenly attack. After that, all you can do is walk around to lure the enemies in a particular direction until a pathway from the grass to the key opens up in one particular direction. As soon as you see it, dash in to the center and grab the key before the enemies regroup and attack you.
This is likely to the be the first room that you will visit that has a special secret solution. The only clue that you're given is that it has something to do with Emerald Frames. Unfortunately, that small clue does not help tremendously, and may leave some players puzzled. The secret to this room is that you must line up four Emerald Frames along the north wall, and four Emerald Frames along the east wall. Once this occurs, the room will flash, and every enemy present will be surrounded by an egg. The eggs will hatch, so you don't have forever, but it should give you just enough time to complete the stage safely.
- Start by walking up to the trio of Emerald Frames near the top. Push the outer two frames to the left, and the center frame up. Collect the three Heart Frames inside. Then push the lower Emerald Frame over to the right two spaces, and then up along the north wall.
- Push the Emerald Frame to the left of the lower Gol two spaces to the left, three spaces up, three spaces to the left, and up into the final spot along the north wall.
- Next, move the two lowest Emerald Frames away from the two Heart Frames above the Skulls. As you move the Emerald Frames, push them toward the right wall, and then push each one down into the corner. Collect the Heart Frames above the Skulls.
- Walk up and collect the Heart Frame closest to the lower Gol. Push the Emerald Frame below it down and along the right wall.
- Walk back up and collect the Heart Frame above the other Emerald Frame but don't collect the Heart Frame above it. Push the last Emerald Frame down until it lines up with the one remaining space along the right wall.
- The next sequence of actions must happen without pause, or you will not be able to collect the key. As soon as you push the Emerald Frame into place along the wall, all of the enemies will be surrounded by eggs. You must quickly collect the very last Heart Frame, and then walk around to the left of the higher Gol. Push it to the right, and then walk back around until you are below the lower Gol and push it all the way up. Then quickly run to the right and grab the key before anyone hatches.
You may experience a bit of deja vu when you enter this room, since it looks extremely similar to Room M-5. However, in this case, there is water instead of boulders, and there are two more Almas.
Once again, simply run along the outside and collect all of the Heart Frames, earning two egg shots from each one for a total of twelve. The two extra Almas make it extremely difficult to try the same tactic of shooting enemies until an opening appears. Instead, you should try to isolate one egg very close to the water, push it into the water, and ride on top of it. The current of the water will take you all the way to the spot right below the chest, where you can hop off and collect the key. It can help to shoot some of the enemies prior to collecting the last Heart Frame in order to reduce the amount of clutter near the top when the Skulls awaken.
- Walk up to the four Emerald Frames at the top. Push the right frame up, then push the second frame from the left up, and push the frame between those to to the left. Walk up and collect the four Heart Frames. The left one will give you two egg shots.
- The next step is to move three of the Emerald Frames down and around the Medusa. The left one can be moved straight down until it is to the right of the Medusa. Move another frame one space above the Medusa, and move the third frame down to the left of the Medusa.
- Walk down along the right side of the screen and collect the Heart Frame in the lower right corner. You'll get two more egg shots. Walk back up and shoot the right Snakey twice. Then shoot the left Snakey once and push it to the left until it is under the Medusa. Finally, push the Emerald Frame on the right side of the screen down until it's sitting where the right Snakey used to be. It will reappear near the upper right corner.
- Stand above the lower Heart Frame, wait for the Don Medusa to start moving back to the left, and walk left until you are standing over the Snakey that appeared in the upper right.
- Watch both the Alma and the Don Medusa, and wait for them to move to the right. As soon as they do, walk up and grab the Heart Frame keeping the Alma blocked in. When the time is right, run up and grab the Heart Frame and reverse direction.
- Watch the Don Medusa below and make your way to the right until you are above the last Heart Frame. Collect it when the Don Medusa is moving to the left, and then run to collect the key. If the Alma gives you any trouble, shoot it with your remaining egg shot.
- Collect the first Heart Frame on the right, shoot the Gol once, and push it to the left. Push the Emerald Frames on either side of the Gol away from the center. Then collect the Heart Frames on either side of the egg, and push the egg either up or down.
- Collect all of the Heart Frames except for the last one behind the left Gol. Push two of the Emerald Frames in front of the top and bottom Gol. Use the two Emerald Frames that are just left of the treasure chest.
- Push the Emerald Frames above and below the left Gol to the left. Shoot the left Gol with an egg shot, and push it up or down two spots. Then collect the last Heart Frame and then the key in the center.
Fork room K-8
- The room is divided by two "chambers". Start by walking into the left chamber, past the Emerald Frame. Collect all four Heart Frames until you are between two Emerald Frames. Push the top Emerald Frame up so that you block off access to the chamber.
- When the coast is clear, push the bottom Emerald Frame down and walk over to the right chamber. Once again, collect the four Heart Frames in the chamber until you are between two Emerald Frames near the top. Push the bottom one down in order to block off the chamber.
- At this point, you can stand near the bottom or the top, and wait for an opportunity to push one of the Emerald Frames aside so that you can escape from the chamber, and walk through the center corridor in order to collect the key.
At this point, even if you have the large key from room I-4, you should start by following the path to the east first.
- Collect the nearest Heart Frame for two egg shots. Then walk up to the bottom Gol, shoot it once, and push it all the way to the left. Collect the nearby Heart Frame for two more egg shots.
- Walk up to the top Snakey, shoot it once, and push the egg two spaces up. Walk left and collect the Heart Frame, then walk around until you are above the top Gol. Shoot it once, push it down two spaces, and then push it to the right until it is below the Medusa. Collect the Heart Frame below the egg.
- Stand below the bottom Snakey, shoot it once, and push it all the way up until it hits the boulders. Then slip it to the right until it sits above the Medusa. Collect the Heart Frame above.
- Walk above the last Heart Frame that's blocking the Rocky in. Collect it, and lure the Rocky out of the corner. At this point, the Gol to the left will fire at you. Move one space over to the left, and then up one space so that it's between the tree and the boulder. Lure the Rocky up into this channel. As it follows you, veer off to the right. The Rocky should continue to walk up, so that you can walk up along the right wall. The Rocky should block the Gol and the Medusa while you walk up the pathway to the key.
You can collect the Heart Frames in any order. The challenge of this room is avoiding contact with the two Almas, or not getting blocked in by the three Rockys. Don't forget that you happen to be safe when you're standing on the treasure chest, or that the key can block the enemies. If you're able to, try to collect the four Heart Frames on the outside corners first, then work on the interior Frames. Change courses if you detect an imminent threat. In a worst-case scenario, simply exit the room and come back to try again.
Like the previous room, this room relies more on agility than strategy. With four Rockys, four Almas, and two Leepers, there's plenty to avoid. The four Almas are the most dangerous threat, but the other enemies can trap you if you're not careful. The good news is that every Heart Frame that you collect gives you two egg shots. You should use these to neutralize any threats that get too close to you. You can collect the Heart Frames in any order, but as a strategy, you can try to collect the frames down the right side first, stopping to put the right Leeper to sleep, and shooting the Almas that approach you. Then go up the middle column and put the other Leeper to sleep. Finally, go down the left side and collect the bottom middle frame on your way to the key. By this time, you'll need to shoot any enemy that gets in your way.
- Collect the nearby Heart Frame, then walk along the bottom of the room, and up through the up arrow tile. Walk up and to the right to collect the Heart Frame in the column with the Snakey. The Heart Frames will start to flash.
- Walk down a step, and walk to the right through the right arrow tile. Then walk up while you're standing on the down arrow tile, and continue all the way, collecting two Heart Frames as you go and activating both arrow tile power ups.
- Collect the next Heart Frame to the left as you around the corner. Use one of your arrow tile powers on the arrow tile to your left. Collect the Heart Frame to your left, and then walk down on to the right arrow tile below. From there, walk left to collect the Heart Frame near the Skull.
- Walk down until you are on the down arrow tile. Then walk one space left, one space down, and one space right, and then walk down to collect the next Heart Frame.
- Walk out to the left, and then walk around to the bottom row and up through the up arrow, then to the right and up until you are on top of the left arrow tile. Walk to the left, collect the Heart Frame, and then walk to the left end. Face down and use your last arrow tile power on the up arrow below you.
- As soon as you collect the last Heart Frame, the Skull above you will wake up and start chasing you. The safest path to take is all the way to the right, then all the way up until you touch the Snakey, and then all the way to the left and then up until you can grab the key.
- Start out by moving the three bottom Emerald Frames in order to block the Medusas' views. Push the left frame one space left, the right frame one space right, and push the center frame around the bottom Heart Frame, and under the middle Medusa. Collect the bottom Heart Frame.
- Push the far left and far right Emerald Frames up one space each, but do not touch the Heart frames on either side of the center Medusa.
- Walk up to the row of Emerald Frames at the top (either the right or left side). Of the three Emerald Frames that line up with the three Heart Frames, push the outer two in, and the center frame away from the center. Then walk in, collect the three Heart Frames, and push the inner Emerald Frame down. Position it above the center Medusa so that you can collect the Heart Frame above the treasure chest.
- Walk over to the opposite side, and do the same thing with the trio of Emerald Frames and Heart Frames. This time, push the inner Emerald Frame to the right or left of the Medusa (whichever is closer).
- Finally, push the Emerald Frame directly above the treasure chest in the direction of whichever side of the Medusa is not blocked, and then push it down to block the final view of the Medusa. Now you can collect the remaining Heart Frames and the key.
- Collect the right Heart Frame along the bottom for two egg shots. Then come back up and while the Don Medusa is moving to the left, quickly run up and collect the Heart Frame above the treasure chest. Then return to stand beneath the Skull.
- Shoot the Skull once and push it in the water. Ride on top of it, and walk to the left so that you immediately get off the egg and push an Emerald Frame directly above the Medusa. Now you must stand above the boulder to the right and wait for the egg to cycle back around to the right side of the water.
- Jump back on the egg, but don't get off. Face up and shoot the Gol. Push it up a space, and wait for the Don Medusa go behind the trees on the right, and shove the egg up and block him in. Then come back down and move the nearby Emerald Frame to the right until it's over the treasure chest.
- Walk down and move the Emerald Frame on the bottom to the location where the Skull started (across the water from the boulder). Then walk along the top, collect the highest Heart Frame, and the one below it which will give you two more egg shots. When the egg comes back around, shoot it. With the Emerald Frame in the Skull's starting location, it will reappear below the Medusa.
- Once the skull reappears, collect the left Heart Frame above the Gol in the corner, and the final Heart Frame on the bottom, then walk to right and up to collect the key.
- Now carefully walk along the bottom (watch out for the Don Medusa up top) and collect the three Heart Frames that you can safely grab. The last Heart Frame should give you two egg shots. Carefully walk back along the bottom to the right.
- This room is easier to complete than it may first appear. Start by luring the roaming Rocky down, and away from the center. Then walk up and collect the top Heart Frame. Push the Emerald Frames on either side all the way up to the wall. Then push either frame away from the center, trapping the Don Medusas against the wall. Come back to the Gols, shoot each one once, and push either one away from the center until they touch the walls.
- Walk down the bridges on either side until you can push the two lower Emerald Frames down one space so that they are next to the arrow tiles. Then walk into the center region, and walk across the lower arrow tiles in order to push the Emerald Frames above the two Medusas. As you do, collect each nearby Heart Frame.
- After all the Heart Frames are collected, make sure that you take the center bridge on your way to the key so that you don't get hit by either Gol's fireball.
- Push the center Emerald Frame up, and push the left Emerald Frame all the way to the left. Collect the Heart Frames on either side of the treasure chest. They will each give you two egg shots each. Move the Emerald Frame that was in the center over one space to the left.
- Now move the right frame over to the left so that you can push it down one space, and slide it all the way to the left, below the left Medusa. Collect the Heart Frame in the lower left corner.
- Walk up to the left Snakey, shoot it once with an egg shot, and push it up one space. Walk around it to the right until you are above it, and push it down to the Emerald Frame below. Then push it left one space to block the Medusa's sight up.
- Walk back up and collect the two Heart Frames on the left side. Then walk along the top, and line up above the right Snakey. You must do the following sequence carefully. Shoot the Snakey twice to remove it, and very quickly run up and to the left to reach the safety of the Emerald Frame. When the Don Medusa moves to the left, slide the Emerald Frame down one space, and then walk around and slide it to the left to trap the Don Medusa against the wall.
- Now come down and collect the Heart Frame in the lower right corner. After a while, the right Snakey should reappear. Walk up to it, shoot it once, and push it up one space. Collect the final Heart Frame. Then push the egg left one space and down into the water. Ride the egg until you can get down to where the key is and collect it.
Bell room (O-5)
This is the second room with a secret solution. Like #Room M-6, you are given a clue. This time, the solution has something to do with the Leepers. Unlike M-6, the solution is a little easier to chance upon. In order to activate the secret, you must surround Lolo on all sides with sleeping Leepers, and that happens to be rather easy to accomplish.
- To start out, walk to the center of the four Emerald Frames arranged in a square. Stand there and let the Leepers approach you. The Leepers above and below you will touch you first, followed by one on the right. The remaining Leeper will head back to the top.
- At this time, you need to quickly head left and collect the two accessible Heart Frames, and then return to the center of the four Heart Frames without touching the last Leeper. Once you grab the two Heart Frames return to the center, and let the last one fall asleep to your left.
- This will activate the secret, turning you into a green Lolo ghost that can walk through any obstacle. Get to the right side of the screen with the four Heart Frames and the treasure chest, and press to materialize on that side of the wall. Then collect the last Heart Frames to obtain the Magic Bell.
The Magic Bell will ring whenever you enter a room that contains a secret tunnel. At this time, you should return to fork Room K-8 and unlock the door to the west with the big key.