This article could use a cleanup in order to be more legible and/or presentable. Please help improve this article in any way possible. Remember to follow our editing guidelines when improving existing articles. If you can improve this page, please talk page., or help by discussing possible changes on the
- Firiona Vie — Roleplaying preferred Server
- Firiona Vie is nominally a role playing server, although there are few genuine role players in evidence. It differs from all the other servers in a couple of key respects notably that
- players may only have one toon per account on Firiona Vie, and not the usual panoply of support alt characters which most servers experience
- as a consequence many items which are No Drop (No Trade) on other servers as a rule tend to be tradeable on Firiona Vie.
- Legends — Premium Server
- Normal server — Normal Servers
- Mac Server "Al'Kabor": Only has the expansions up to Planes of Power.
- proposed progression server
- ext. link: http://progression.inquisition-eq.com/index.php
- Schduled to launch June 28, 2006
The EverQuest special servers comprise a number of servers that allow the players of EverQuest to play the game with different rule sets. As of February 8, 2005 there is only one PvP (Player vs. Player) server, Zek, resulting from the merger of the four PvP servers Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek and Sullon zek, which formerly had quite different rule sets. On Zek PvP combat can occur between any characters that are within 4 levels of each other. Other special servers are the role-playing server Firiona Vie, and a premium customer service server called Stormhammer, but more widely known as Legends server. On December 7, 2005, it was announced that the Legends service would be discontinued on February 1, 2006.
Two "progression" servers were created in June 2006, containing just the original game world, comprising Antonica, Faydwer and Odus. As the players achieve certain goals, the later expansions are unlocked, with zones, classes and races becoming available. There was a time limit of at least a month between each expansion. In April 2007 the two original progression servers merged into one.
Preferred server: The combine (progression)
- Antonius Bayle (kane bayle) - European
- Bertoxxulous (Tholuxe Paells
- Brislebane (Solusek Ro)
- Cazic Thule (brell Serilis)
- Drinal (Tarew Marr)
- Druzzil Ro (Xev)
- Erollisi Marr (Morell-Thule)
- Fennin Ro (Toronnilous)
- Firiona Vie (Roleplaying Preferred)
- Luclin (Veeshan)
- Maelin Starprye (Vazaelle)
- Povar (Morden Rasp)
- Prexus (Terris-Thule)
- Quellious (RodcetNife)
- Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr)
- The Nameless (Innrouuk)
- The Rathe (karana)
- The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
- The Tribunal (Ayonae Ro)
- Tunare (E'ci)
- Xegony (Zebuxoruk)
- Zek (PVP)
Current special servers
- Firiona Vie - role-playing server where you may sell nearly anything
- The Combine - progression server (merged with The Sleeper progression server in April 2007)
- Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek--Everquest PvP servers which formed teams based on race.
- Rallos Zek--EverQuest PvP server which had no teams and item (and coin) loot.
- Sullon Zek--EverQuest server in which the players were separated into teams based on religion: good, evil, neutral. The level limits of the other EQ PvP (Player vs Player) servers were removed, allowing someone of the highest level to kill someone of the lowest level, though there were limits on experience loss and looting.
- Stormhammer also known as Legends - premium customer service server, which provided greater GM attention and more events for a surcharge to the regular subscription fee.
- Discord - Short-lived PVP Server with severe penalties for death, the resetting of a character back to basic status, as well as points for killing other players. The players with the most points at the end of the server's existence were rewarded with character transfers and special gear.