Quad kiting is a strategy used by Druids and Wizards to kill from two to four monsters at a time. It is a quick way to gain experience, but can only be used when in wide spaces. Any "adds" will usually disrupt the kite.
First, the Druid must find and snare four MOBs that are of the same species. The Druid then circles around the MOBs until they are so close together, the graphics are overlapping. The Druid then uses one of his Lightning based spells. The Lightning spell will hit all 4 MOBs. The Druid then backs up until he is out of range of casting the spell, and waits for the MOBs to get in range. He repeats until all four MOBs die.
I have never played a Wizard. Could someone else please write thise?
Very similar to the Druids really, with few exceptions:
- Wizzies (AE) Snare only last 3 mins max
- Wizzie have a variety of AE's to choose from: Fire, Magic and Ice.
- Wizzies have one AE, which even affects 5 mobs (Vengeance of Al'Kabor, L59 spell), but this one is real mana hog...
- Wizzies who plan on quadding should complete Staff of Temporal Flux (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=459 and http://www.graffe.com/quests.php?id=14) and then Elemental Flux upgrade (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45290). Instaclick debuff stick. Great for pulling, checking range, and of course debuffing.
- http://www.graffe.com/library.php - Quadding Guides for various levels