Only mounted units can spend their remaining movement points after visiting house and villages.
A unit may become afflicted by one of these abnormalities.
- Sleep - unable to move
- Silence - unable to use magic or staves
- Poison - damages over time
- Berserk - attack enemies and allies randomly
- Petrify - unable to move
These conditions can remedied with a Restore staff.
Higher weapons ranks allow for the usage of better weapons of the corresponding weapon type. S-rank is the highest weapon rank and can only be earned by a promoted character. S-rank weapons gain a bonus of +5% crit.
Weapon and magic effectiveness
In battle, certain weapon and magic types are more effective verse other weapon and magic type, as such:
- Sword > Axe
- Axe > Lance
- Lance > Sword
- Note: Reaver-type weapons reverse the above conditional expressions.
Advantageous weapons gain a bonus of +15% hit, +1 weapon might, while disadvantageous weapons are penalized -15% hit, -1 weapon might.
- Anima > Light
- Light > Dark
- Dark > Anima
Some weapons are effective versus specific types of units:
- Bow > Flying units
- Peak: avoid +40% def +2
- Throne: avoid +30% def +3 (only affect physical defense)
- Gate: avoid +30% def +3
- Mountains: avoid +30% def +1
- Forest: avoid +20% def +1
- Fort: avoid +20% def +2
- Lake: avoid +10%
- House: avoid +10%
- Sand: avoid +5%
Any unit ending its turn on a fort, castle gate, gate, or throne will recover HP next turn.